Should be in the 12s but not

Allblackv6

I should run 12 ons a mild tune but just not seeing it. I think the fastest mph I had was 96 in the 1/4. Combo is 42lb injectors, 3200 converter, 26-10-15 slicks, stock maf, 2 step baileys coil pack, k&n air filter, 55mm compressor turbo upgrade, external wastegate stock ic and a 286 inline pump. Was at 20 psi with 23 degrees in first and second. 22 in third. I am lost.

I should run 12 ons a mild tune but just not seeing it. I think the fastest mph I had was 96 in the 1/4. Combo is 42lb injectors, 3200 converter, 26-10-15 slicks, stock maf, 2 step baileys coil pack, k&n air filter, 55mm compressor turbo upgrade, external wastegate stock ic and a 286 inline pump. Was at 20 psi with 23 degrees in first and second. 22 in third. I am lost.

Def need more info. What type of fuel and fuel system? Wideband or narrowband numbers at wot? The mph just isn't there so it may be too much converter.

I will try to post logs by tomorrow. I was running sp-4. I threw the whole pale into an almost empty tank. Fuel system wise I have two fuel pumps a walbro in the tank and a 286 inline pump after (old school setup). The fuel regulater is a kenne bell set at 43 psi. Also, convert is a Art Carr 9 inch 3000 stall on the car since 89. Not sure if the converter is a lock up or not. Running a narrow band I'm pretty sure the o2s were around 830 or 850. I will look at the log.

I will try to post logs by tomorrow. I was running sp-4. I threw the whole pale into an almost empty tank. Fuel system wise I have two fuel pumps a walbro in the tank and a 286 inline pump after (old school setup). The fuel regulater is a kenne bell set at 43 psi. Also, convert is a Art Carr 9 inch 3000 stall on the car since 89. Not sure if the converter is a lock up or not. Running a narrow band I'm pretty sure the o2s were around 830 or 850. I will look at the log.

That's pretty rich and that will kill power. Start taking fuel out of the tune and see if it picks up.

I was always told with race gas that you want to throw more fuel and timing while leaning out first. I'm not sure if this is correct, or if I should go leaner and meaner? I know the tune has a lot to do with it, but I'm thinking the motor is hurt, or head gaskets are going.

I was always told with race gas that you want to throw more fuel and timing while leaning out first. I'm not sure if this is correct, or if I should go leaner and meaner? I know the tune has a lot to do with it, but I'm thinking the motor is hurt, or head gaskets are going.

You need to brush up a bit on these cars. There is no one method to tune all cars. You need to go to the track and tune your car for what it likes. Lean is mean and how far you push is up to you. Don't beat on it until you know that the motor is NOT hurt otherwise you'll get there fast.

You have something going on and I doubt its the tune. at 23psi on a 44 should net high 11's all day long. Check compression, plugs ect. Check your converter slippage on the wallace site too.

I did a compression check all the cylinders are about 125-130. Number 3 being the lowest. I took a picture of the number 1plug, seems a little lean.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399928925.652219.jpg

I threw an old kenne bell chip, I had lying around. Other than idle being all over the place. It ran like a bat out of hell with no knock on the pl. Which leads me to the chip. It seems like whatever I do to the TT chip the o2 volts stay around 830.

Tuning with a narrowband is kind of a crapshoot. The further you go of away from 0.5V the more innacurate it gets. Lean it out but tune for no knock

Do you have the info from your time slip? 60 foot time....1/8 and 1/4 time?