Shorter shock?

nos487

I installed the 5385 moog rear springs today, I like the ride height but when rear end at full sag (on lift) the springs will fall out. If I had a shorter shock I would feel more safe and would not worry about springs jumping out over a big bump. It has some kind of cheap shock on there now and would like something a little stiffer for drag strip launches. Any suggestions?

I was thinking the same thing. I just havent looked into it yet. Do you have any pics of your car with that ride height? Im thinking of buying a set myself! ------Jeremy

Also if you have any buddies at your local parts store, have them compare shock lengths versus a stocker. I used to use Gabriels that were rated for light trucks. Just had to make sure the mounts are the same.

This may sound stupid, but when we raced the stock car at the road courses we had chains on the trailing arms to limit the travel if you got the car in the air off the corner curbs. A real basic suspension limiter, but maybe you could design something similar that isn't as primitive...

Shorter shocks will do the trick as long as they give enough travel so the car still rides nicely. I used to have that Gabriel part number but I cant think of it for the life of me now.

Measure the shock eye to eye @ ride hgt. Then goto the Monroe shock website. Every shock they have, is listed there. All the info needed is listed to include open/closed dimensions, eye designs, etc.