short vids of buddies 87 regal

Yeah i can't get 25 mpg.And it doesn't run 11.6's.But i spent way way less and can live with it being 2 tents slower for now.My point is this its a low budget build its fun anyways when i go racing and lay the smack down im making you real gn bums look good lol.For those who can't tell the diffrence between a monte and a gn.This motor cost me less than 1500 bucks to build and that includes every last nut and bolt,gaskets,fuel,exhaust right down to the headers and runs a decent number doesn't give me any grief and can run on keresone if needed.Its low compression has me thinking of another power adder instead of nitrous.And for those who say anyone can throw a big motor in and run fast is ignorant its just like saying anyone can throw on a turbo on a motor crank up the boost and run just as fast or quicker.Man i need to tell my friend don't post any vids because those gn guys get offended not all but most good thing ive got maliburacing.com.Much friendlier crowd.You guys forget i use to own a real tr thats why am a member punks had to sell because of school loan debt.

to gnsnake i ran 11's with a big block big deal, you ran 11's with a turbo 6 with a **** load of boost big deal right?

wow I didnt think there would be so much negative responses.
...thumbs up for the project man,bottom line is your keeping it fun with what you can afford. this hobby is getting expensive nowdays.

I love the car! I wouldnt mind doing a clone myself but with an SBC. I've been looking for a cheap car to start with but havent found one yet. Bad ass car man! Dont listen to the few that have to make negative comments, some people just have to be better than everyone else. Thanks a lot for sharing, I've watched the video clip about 5 times so far! Might want to put stiffer front springs in it though!

I bet if you put a turbo on it and fixed the stance and put some mufflers on it they'd be all over it! I didnt think they'd be so hard on yah:rolleyes: but it is what it is. If your happy with it then thats all that matters;)

I love the addition of cubic inches, bigger has proven to be "almost" always better. But it does hurt my old heart a bit to do that to that good ole GN, at least you didn't slow it down. I've actually seen that happen to GN's converted to those yucky chevy 350's, but I'd kept it Buick cubes with a 455. Add a turbo or 2 turbos so that it keeps with tradition and it'll hauls even more a55!. But traditions, are sometimes meant to be broken I suppose. It looks like a fun car, and it looks like your having fun and are happy with it with your budget. That's what it's about.:biggrin:

As long as you like it, who cares what other people say! A big block chev would be my first choice after a turbo 6 also!

I get a kick out of our double standard. Put nasty ass oversized chrome rims on one, use a different motor, put some cheesy aftermarket body stuff on it and you'll get scorned, but hack it up with a roll cage, skinnies, and make it a straight line only car and you get major props. :D

don't forget about the pulling off the HVAC.

It says in the link that the car ran 12.7@106. Is it faster now? Or is this a different car? Either way, that is moving out pretty good for a tight budget.

i can get 25 mpg what does yours get and i run 11.60's:biggrin: V 6 baby not dissing the car just the motor

Wow! That's one hell of a response. People fix cars and do what they want with them. No matter what make or model. I get more than 25mpg, full interior factory interior and run 11.60's all day long, not to leave out the 124mph trap speed. All from a wrong wheel drive 4 banger, So What? I spent a weekend helping a friend do some A/C work for the turbo kit. Spent $0, just sweat and my know how. ;) The kits been on since 05 at 12K miles and still running at 57K miles.

To the original poster, nice car and keep making it faster. We all have the speed itch.