Short belt bypassing accessories?

W T- Type

Could of had a v8 but why
Would it work for more power on these cars?If so what part no. belt would work?A freind of mine done this on his ls1 comaro and picked up 4.10ths in the quarter and 4 mph.

I run an electric water pump, no power steering pump and no A/C. a short belt works great with a A/C delete pulley. Clears everything just fine.

DR

Hard to believe it will pick up alot..ive never done it on the GN but have on other cars..lt1 camaro & tpi iroc-z & noticed very lil if anything & couldnt steer it woth a crap..so I put the belt back on & ran about the same..AC delete wouldnt help much either if your not running the air..it free wheels as it is...sounds like someone took belt off & by time they ran it was cooler..well good luck !! try it..I know all cars are different but this was my experience..just wasnt worth it all to me
Brian

Originally posted by turbodave231
I run an electric water pump, no power steering pump and no A/C. a short belt works great with a A/C delete pulley. Clears everything just fine.DR

Would you mind describing in more detail how you do this, thanks.[Assuming an '86-7?]