Shops that can rebuild motors in STL area

Well he told me that it was supposed to be done this past weekend. Thanks for the update though. I just bought the Simmons wheels and I think they will look much better than the GNX style ones. THanks for the compliment though.

Just got the latest from Bill. He said should be ready this coming weekend. Has a few minor details to work on and then a road test of the car. Everytime it just a few more days, a few more weeks, be patient it will be done correctly and this kind of job takes a while.

Still waiting. He got it running found a few oil leaks and said that the used harmonic balacer was bad. He had to order a new one, they are NLA. He did find one at Mike's from G&M. Bill said that it should be running tonight and done by this weekend. I am no longer holding my breath.

Bob, if it is done I would like to meet up with you at that dyno day Nov 5. I will not run the car if it is done but will be nice to get out and drive it.

PIcked it up on Monday. It sure does drive nice. Put the new Simmons rims on it. Took some pictures that wil be below. Bill is a nice guy and knows these cars, but is very slow and very expensive. Took my car 8 months to get done.

Attachments

• DSC00065.JPG
    DSC00065.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC00066.JPG
    DSC00066.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC00067.JPG
    DSC00067.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC00068.JPG
    DSC00068.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC00074.JPG
    DSC00074.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 121
Nice lookin ride. Talked to Troy last night and he said you got your car back. We will have to all meet up sometime. Later, Bob.

Thanks. I am heading to Chicago this weekend and next weekend going to Portland, OR. After that I plan on doing a lot of driving around, maybe then we can meet up.

Looks nice Jeff! You ought to bring it to "dyno day" at Stiegemeier's on Nov. 5th. The club is trying to get at least 8-10 guys to bring their car. If the weather is nice, I'm bringing the GN.

Contact Scott at keller_s@swbell.net for more details.

I know this is an old post but just wanted to let people know who are not familiar with shops in the area. Mike at G&M Automotive, has not been reliable in the past. Most of the Buick club here has disowned him. My personal experiences were 6 months turn around time was the quickest turn around. Bill has done most of the mechanical work on my car, but I don't think he does tuning. Some complain he is expensive, but I've done work with him for 20yrs & never had to bring the car back once, because he did something wrong. A side note, Bill don't accept credit cards.