Shop lift

Robert Weskamp

I know some of you guys on the forums own shops or have lifts in your garages. I was looking for a recommendation on a good brand/model. I'll be installing a lift at my machine shop for working on my personal vehicles and just wanted to know what's the best route. I know Mohawk is like the caddilac, but they are hands down the most expensive. If that's the best route to go, so be it. If I can get more bang for my buck elsewhere then I'm open to other options.

I've never purchased a lift before, so any insight is helpful. Thanks.

Bend Pak 10k asymmetrical, wide. Good price, easy install. Wish I had two!! Phil.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Both me and my brother both have a Bendpak XPR-10A. Neither have had any problems. When I was looking, I liked the rotary a lot, but was quite a bit more. However, my brothers bendpak looked like it was built well and had been holding up good. It was cheaper, so I decided on it to. I have had mine over a year and it is a very good quality lift at a good price. I don't know what they cost now, but I got mine from MileXequipment for around $2,900. I have had my dodge 2500 diesel on it and it handles it fine. Its good quality, but it is made in China. Its a bad picture but its the only one I have of it.

Attachments

• lift.JPG
    lift.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 237
Another endorsement for Bend Pak. Bought a MX-10ACX in 2006. No issues. Mine is probably now an older model and cost $2300 delivered back then. Would definitely buy another Bend Pak. Personal, not commercial, use but used every week.

Rotary all the way you get what you pay for , I have had mine 24 years and it has never let me down and still looks great and user friendly .

I have the bend pak also and run a small auto shop out of my home. I use it everyday and it works great. It is slow to come down, but all the newer ones are. The new rules say at full weight (10,000 lbs) at full height if should take a minute and a half to come down. Pretty slow. I have had it a little over a year and only had to buy new rubber pads for it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I bought a rotary from a dealership auction. A great deal!! Got to try them all 9 of them before hand. They are easy to take down and had all wiring,boxes and even a light for less than half price.

Thanks for all the responses guys. Any features that I should be looking at specifically. I've only ever really worked my rides on jack stands, so this is totally uncharted waters for me.

For the guys using a rotary: what makes them better than the Bendpak units? At twice the price I imagine there has to be a significant difference.

Construction is the key,metal fluid housing, metal cable wheels and for me buying used !

I have a BendPak XPR-10 symmetrical.

Whatever you get, make sure it's a certified lift. The cheaper ones are not certified.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I have a Rotary symmetrical for almost 20 years and have not had one issue with it. Best money I ever spent.

Depends on how big the shop is? I have 3 types one air/hydraulic single post H lift which is easy on oil changes but hell on exhaust and transmission work second on I have is a 15000 rotary lift easy to work undercar but hell on getting in and out third I have a 4 column system this is starting to be my guys favorite Its rated for 72000 pounds its probably a little much if your not using it a lot I paid $65000.00 for the lifts and 6 high rise jack stands it also depends on where your using it. The columns are pretty portable they use them inside and out we had a fully loaded fire truck up the other day and another neat thing is the weight the vehicle

Attachments

• photo_1-4.jpg
    photo_1-4.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 133
  • photo-2-1.jpg
    photo-2-1.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 133
Wow Mick... That's a killer setup. 65 large might be a bit steep for me, but that is one bad ass setup! Im just a hobbyist, so that is probably over kill, but if I had no budget at all that would be the route I went.

For the guys using a rotary: what makes them better than the Bendpak units? At twice the price I imagine there has to be a significant difference.
I do not like the arms on the bendpak as to my Rotary , my Rotary has smooth arms and the pads is adjustable 3 ways so they are no need for all them crazy adapters to get in the way and lost and can not find , plus the arms make a place for your parts to set while taking them off and your air tools will set there too plus you can sit on the arms while working on the inside of the car when it s down close to the floor . I made my living with it so anything that saved me time was money .

Thanks for all the input fellas. I'm placing my order today for a Bendpak xpr-10A. I like the rotary a lot as well, but for $2K less I think the Bendpak is the way to go for me.