Shipping Companies (OTR)

SAVANNAHAUTOAIR

AUTO AC AND COOLING PARTS
Does anyone know of any good shipping companies?

I am looking to ship a few pallets from and to some neighboring states; I am in Georgia.

Also, does anyone know about qualifying for HAZMAT from UPS or FEDEX?

Thanks in advance.

Brett

At work we use Roadway for palletized stuff that's basically indestructible, and they still break something every now and then. We use North American Van Lines for the more delicate stuff.

Yellow is pretty good with freight and I dont see them damaging stuff as much either. I work for them so I can say that. I supervise the dockworkers on the dock.

As far as Hazmat goes it depends which UPS and FedEx you are talking about.

If you mean shipping freight in the air there is a Federal Aviation Regulation about known shippers and the rules for hazmat on a plane is much different than it is on the road.

A known shipper is one that ships with a company at least 3 times in the past 6 months on non consecutive days. And the company has to come out and visit your business to verify all the information you give them. It is more to see you have been around for more than 2 days. That rule may have changed some now its been a while since I was in the air freight world.

Thanks for the replies.
We are minly concerned with shipping over the road.

Specifically, our business has a large quantity of R134A refrigerant, and we need to see what we have to do to get Hazmat certified. Also, I was looking for recommendations for freight OTR companies to ship pallets.

Thanks again,
Brett