shifting problems

jason walker

My friend just bought a GN yesterday guy said tranny was ok > But today we got it started and took it down road but transmission went from low almost straight to drive skipping second gear and when we went up hill it stayed in overdrive not shifting down to second or low ! ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT

Does it have a tag on the rear pass side?
What are the casting numbers on the servo(round aluminum thing also on pass side)?
If you get the tv cable adjusted up and it still does it, you probably have a broken band and /or broken anchor pin.

Does it have a tag on the rear pass side?
What are the casting numbers on the servo(round aluminum thing also on pass side)?
If you get the tv cable adjusted up and it still does it, you probably have a broken band and /or broken anchor pin.
Ok thanks

Just a follow up I read on here all the posts about shifting problems like my friends car had and thought we would try the cheap route first . So I told him about the TCC switch so we ordered a new one changed fluid gasket and filter and put in new TCC switch and it fixed shifting problems old one was probably hung up in lock up position . Car shifts hard chirping second gear shifts solid in all gears and works perfect all for less than 60 bucks can't beat that ! Thanks for advice !

UPDATE : Tranny does fine normal driving now but when you stab the throttle it feels like it is slipping , car sat for 4 to 5 years only drove once . Note the tranny fluid and filter were changed when the tcc switch was replaced ! Any advice would be welcomed ! Also replaced all vacuum lines on engine they were all dry rotten and inner cooler hose fittings , just wondering if any vacuum has anything to do with shifting of tranny .

Last edited:
UPDATE : Tranny does fine normal driving now but when you stab the throttle it feels like it is slipping , car sat for 4 to 5 years only drove once . Note the tranny fluid and filter were changed when the tcc switch was replaced ! Any advice would be welcomed ! Also replaced all vacuum lines on engine they were all dry rotten and inner cooler hose fittings , just wondering if any vacuum has anything to do with shifting of tranny .

measure the line pressure in all gears