Shifting issues... have to rev and lift

MNwe4

Here's what led to the problem. Out this weekend running around with the club. Decided to do a little racing, nothing real serious. Car was running well and had been to the track twice this summer with no known transmission issues. Launched, started spinning, lifted, tires hooked, and got back into it.

Right after it took off again the RPMs just shot up, so I let off and slowed to a stop. Now in order to get a shift to happen I have to rev it and quickly lift. I was able to drive the car home, it gets into all 4 gears, but requires the rev and lift procedure to make each gear change. It seems to downshift ok. TV cable is set properly and returns like it should. Fluid level is just above the full line and still looks and smells new. Temp in the pan never got over 165.

Any ideas to what may have broken and if it can be addressed just by pulling the pan or servo?

Servo isnt it. I have a psi gauge setup you could use if you want to test psi in the various gears. Could be a partially stuck TV valve and or pump reg. Not sure on Gov typically when springs comes off it wont shift until high rpms.

AT THE GS NATIONALS I HAD SAME THING HAPPEN TO MY 2ND GEAR,,IT WAS THE SPRING IN GOVERNOR ,,,TOOK ME OUT OF THE WEEKEND,,QUICK FIX