shift prob.

sweatnblood

Hey guys...well my tranz started acting up as of late...so I checked the fluid and it's fine...it shifts fine for about the 1st 10min. then once it gets warmed up it starts shifting funny...like it's not letting the engine rpm's go up just 1st...and then 2nd...right away then when i slow down it shifts back to 1st real quick then back to the 1st through 3rd gear shifts at low speed...it's stock with no speed convrt. in it and I don't drive it hard...sorry wish i had a better explain. to you guys...thanks

Tony

sounds like your tq converter is staying locked once warmed like mine was doing. the solenoids are know to go bad. easy fix.

hey thanks so i'm not the best when it comes to tranz...so what should I buy and replace. thanks

It's a torque converter lock solenoid. It's located in the front of the trans on the passanger side near your T.V. cable. It's easy to replace. Just drop the pan, remove the two 10mm bolts that hold it in, then slide it out. A lot of the new ones are universal units that fit both the 200's and the 700's. They come with a pair of standoffs that you install first and then hold the solenoid in with two nuts. You will also have to splice the wires into the harness.