Shell E85 has changed

Yes, got a few clean and dry windshield washer fluid bottles. Take some samples and decide where to fill up.

Also want to get one of those Ebay OBD iPhone scan tools and hook it into my Silverado so I can check the ethanol content when I fill the truck via the fuel composition sensor. Use that info too.

WOW, can u ship at those prices to FL. ?? best I can find here is $3.30 ( 35 miles from home) yet still I am seriously considering the transition. Any thoughts or advice is most welcome & appreciated...........(y)

WOW, can u ship at those prices to FL. ?? best I can find here is $3.30 ( 35 miles from home) yet still I am seriously considering the transition. Any thoughts or advice is most welcome & appreciated...........(y)
You need genuine flex fuel capability. I know Bailey is working on it for powerlogger / TT SD2 setups.

The shell E85 (measured at <65%) is $3.39/gal. I assume its Ethanol / 87 octane blend but don't know.

Road ranger down the street is $3.09. Measured at 71%

Thorntons down the road is $3.00, measured at 88%

And the SpeedWay a few blocks away is $2.64/gal, measured it at 83% a few days ago. Filled my truck up there this morning :)
I suppose the higher price makes sense. It has more of the expensive gasoline and less of the tax payer funded ethanol. I think it would be a better product to put into a flex fuel vehicle because of the better gas mileage and the fact that the average flex fuel vehicle can't take advantage of all of the octane in E85 anyway. Even a turbo Buick could be a lot of fun with this Shell E65. A person could enjoy the benefits of ethanol without giving up as much gas mileage. If we assume that the 35% gasoline used is 85 octane,like E85,the octane rating for E65 should be 104. For those looking for more fun than they're currently having and care about mileage,a modified Buick can make a lot of power with 104 octane.

Try Shell Clear Flex today! Junk!

Attachments

• 1403282016759.jpg
    1403282016759.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 202
I thought the tax funding for ethanol ended in Illinois last year? I'm not sure though

I'm no
I thought the tax funding for ethanol ended in Illinois last year? I'm not sure though
I'm not sure what the current situation is here in Michigan,but the price hasn't changed in relation to 93. This makes me believe it is still being propped up by our government/us.

We're at 20-25% price differential right now here in IL (at least in this immediate area). $3 for E85 and ~$4 for gas.

It kinda surprises me, better than average I would say.

I test a couple of times a driving year as well. Only 2 stations around my area, Jacobis and Thortons. Ran into Matt Thorton one day and told him when I tested his E-85 it was always 85-95%. He looked at me kinda surprised but I explained what I ran it in and thanked him for a good product. He said he plans on keeping E-85 and likes the idea of it, he sell enough of it so it doesn't "sit" like some others can.

$2.99 at Thortons here in the So IN & Louisville metro area. $3.19 @ Meiers $3.49 @ a locally own station. I will have to look into the Shell E-85, cant say I have ever seen it?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app