Shelby Mustang???

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
Was out in the GN tonight and pulled up alongside a white mustang (current model body). It had a stripe and said "SHELBY" across the back.

Sounded nice, had large pipes. I didn't look over as I usually don't race but when the light turned green and he/she (never saw driver) dropped the clutch, my right foot took control of my brain and I mashed the gas.

I barked second and kept chirping all the way past the mustang, until I let off.

So...my question is...are they supposed to be faster than that?

My GN has a stock motor/turbo/IC...but has cold air and ATR exhaust. My timing is advanced about 3 degrees and the wastegate is pulled tight. I have 110 in the tank so zero knock. In all, the GN ran very well.

Will

2008 Shelby GT 500s have--

•Supercharged 5.4-liter four-valve V-8 engine w/intercooler
•500 hp and 480 lb.-ft. of torque

•0 to 60 mph: 4.5 seconds (Car and Driver Test Results)

•1/4 Mile Time: 12.9 seconds (Car and Driver Test Results)

Hmmm.....I never heard a blower. Just deep exhaust like a regular mustang but with aftermarket exhaust.

I don't think I could beat a blown one.

Never saw a snake emblem or "500" anywhere on the car. Just the Shelby logo across the back.

Maybe. So at least it was a regular GT with exhaust so I guess that's something to be proud of :)

Probably just a sticker. When I first got my Buick I raced one with my iron headed/6776 turbo at only 15 psi on street radials and it pulled away from me pretty good. I had no traction but it was pretty quick I guess.

Otto dynoed one a month ago stock and it put down 450 to the wheels. Another one with a pulley and tune and something else dont quite remember made 560 to the wheels on the same dynojet so its unlikely it was a GT 500.

Not all Shelby's are GT500's. The one you saw must have been a Shelby GT which is a naturally aspirated 4.6

Had it been a real Shelby Cobra you would have heard a mighty roarrrrrrrrrr and a hearty "Hi yo Silver awaayyyyyyy". :D

Not all Shelby's are GT500's. The one you saw must have been a Shelby GT which is a naturally aspirated 4.6

X2

Also, in stock form the Shelby GTs have the 5 spoke (not split) wheels and no rear spoiler with a hood scoop riveted on. You could have taken him in reverse (just kdding) :)

They do sound nice though, if i recall they are rated at 315 hp (from 300 regular GT) due to the Factory CAI and diff tune/exhaust...

You would have definately heard the blower if it were a GT500 and the 2011s (new body style) are all aluminum blocks with 550hp :eek:

We have one on our showroom floor...

It did have a hood scoop, that much I remember. I don't recall the wheels or spoiler setup.

Still, it was fun to drive past him :)

I'm gonna use the "chubby worm" line on my buddy the next time we're drinking in his garage next to his Cobra that hasnt moved since our dragstrip closed 4 years ago...

Been down the Mustang road and spents lots of money, the GN is waaaay more fun .I do like the 10' GT's, about the time they brought the 5.0 back as those 4.6's just didn't have it. As for the Super stangs, they are very nice looking like the new Challengers...lots of HP in a big heavy body....Look forward to this upcoming Spring to start eating them up, jusy got my short-block back yesterday :D I'll be joinin' ya Meanchicken on the posting :tongue:
As for your kill on the "shelby", most stang guys can't launch to save their lives so whatever it was u probably would've won anyways :cool: