She Just Wont Crank...

turbohye

Nuclear Reactor
So, last week i reported to you guys that the car was idling rough etc etc.. cranked fine and drove but sputtered due to my plug change.. Now that my new wires and plugs came from Summit yesterday, i was going to install everything...Before i do anything though, i go outside and try to warm her up a but to make the plug change easier. ...I put the key in, turn the key, lights on dash all come on like usual but no click. Fuel pump primes just as usual, but no click of the starter like usual. Scan Master shows BAT reading of 12.8. Volt meter (to confirm) shows the same. Swap batteries just in case but same issue. I dont even hear a clicking noise like usual. Checked for any loose cables in the engine bay but nothing. Last week all i did was drive and park back on the driveway and never popped the hood this morning until after i started to troubleshoot. I searched and found alot of posts similar, but nobody really posts up their solutions. Some say crank sensor (but mine definately does NOT crank) some say starter (could it be?) and some say ignition module...ALL I can really tell you, it that the temperature this morning is certainly ALOT colder than it was last week. Anything you guys can do to get me started would be great. Thank You

Oh yea. I checked this link out from what i found searching but it appears to address the issue with cranking but no firing.
Trouble Shooting

im starting to think the starter just took a dump...but how..it cranked and drove last week.. grrrr

Take your volt meter and check voltage at the starter. Check the big lug for 12-13volts constant and the smaller lug/wire for 12-13 volts when you turn the key to the start position. If you have the proper voltage at both wires and it still won't crank then the starter is most likely bad.

Starter solenoid, starter switch, or open circuit in between. The purple wire is the 12v wire for the solenoid. You can drop the column and test that wire for power while cranking. If no power it'd likely the switch. If yes it's probably the solenoid. I had an intermittent no crank hot and it turned out to be the switch on the column. About 20 minutes to change it. After removing the plastic panel you need a 15mm socket to drop the column. A 13mm to remove the bracket, an 8mm and a small Phillips drive for the swithches.

Thanks to all your contributions guys.I simply jacked the car up, got underneath and sure as hell- starter cable was loose. I disconnected the battery, got back under there and tightened her back up. Cranked right up in 2 seconds :)

Thanks a ton! You all have never let me down.