She Breathes FIRE!!!

tazgn

It's been since MARCH since I've heard the sweet sounds of thunder from my baby. But today, in a glory rumble only bested by the pure BLAST of an F-14 sending our messgae to Osama, my baby came to life!!!!!! It's a feeling only bested by, well, S*x (but close to it). No leaks, no abnormal noises, and best of all, NO LOUD RAPPING sounds. I do have to put in a plug for the new GN1 Ported and Polished heads I got. John, if you send those heads you got from me to Champion, get the port and polish. All I can say is WOW!!! The Felpro 1200 intake gaskets are almost too small for the ports in those, vice being way big on the stock GN1's (which are huge compared to stock iron heads).

I guess tomorrow I see if the car will actually move. Now I'm afraid of the tranny work I did. To have the car not move is exactly what God's sense of humor would do to me. :( But unfortunately, I don't have the money or the time now to get a roll bar installed before the 24th for the fastest street car comp.. But I will run it around that time just to see what she will do now until they kick me off the track. But I don't want to pay $50 for the fastest street car competition just to get kicked off the track after the first pass.

Oh, John, I found one more A/C line that was under the rear of my car if you want it too...

Well, Just wanted to vent some of the excitement!!! :)

Taday's Moto : The Heartbeat STOPS Here !!!

Derrick

Glad to see you got that beast running, Can't wait to see what all those goodies you have will do. Good luck!!!

Let us know when you are ready to run. We can meet-up on a Saturaday night.

Well, went to pull the car out of the garage this morning and she moved!!!! I was SOOO excited. Drove around the block and pulled back up in front of the garage. Washed the 7 months of GRIME off of it then went to back it into the garage. Put it in reverse and NOTHING. Reverse didn't work and it seemed like it didn't shift into second when I went around the block. So I had to go around the block again to get it in the garage and confirmed that there are no shifts. DAMN!!!!!! Then found that the transbrake wasn't working either. Car went into first when I put in "1" vice transbrake. DOUBLE DAMN!!!! But, I have to look on the bright side, the motor runs EXCELLENT. NO leaks, NO abnormal noise, NO foul smells (except 7 months of sweat burning off the downpipe and a vacuum hose that melted on the headers (scared the sh*t out of me when that happened and billowed smoke out from under the hood). But anyone have any ideas on the tranny? I posted in the Tranny section of this board as well, for more details. And I'm about to post to the list for help too... Hopefully it's just a quick fix of the checkballs in the tranny.

Derrick
The Heartbeat STILL Stops Here !!!!

In that case, that is both GOOD and BAD to hear Derrick. :) I hope that it's just something minor that you overlooked, as far as the trans is concerned. Keep us informed.

Geoff

Well, even after literally THOUSANDS of hours working on my beast over the past 6 years, I learned a new and valuable lesson today. Checking the tranny fluid without the car running (even after the car was just turned off) does NOT provide ANY useful data!!!!! I had fluid level (about a quart low MAYBE) indicated on the dipstick with the car off. Tried it wqith the car running and NO level. I had to add THREE quarts to get the proper level with the car running. But Reverse is back!!!! And I think the shifts will probably work now too (haven't tried yet). So the moral of the story is ..... If the car is running DOES make a HUGE difference in this case!!!! :)

Derrick

I'm back on the road (of course the inspection sticker expired in JUNE though :rolleyes: )