Shaving off Antenna??

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
Ok, probably gonna "shave" my antenna from the right fender. What is out there that a guy could use for an antenna, w/out having it visable????

stylin trucks sells an "under dash" andtenna kit its a small bar about 6 inches and you can just take your speaker cover off of your dash and install it under there and plug it into your head unit and its only about 25 bucks

antenna options

I was recently at an auto glass place getting a rock chip repaired and I asked if the windshield for the '81-'83 Regal with the built in antenna was still available and it is for about 125 bucks. Much more involved conversion but it is an option particularly if you have a cracked windshield.

Dean

i have a stock fixed mast ant. tucked up behind my dash and i get great fm reception.

If you have an MP3 player that you are able to plug into your radio, you can use that too select the FM channels and it works as an antenna!! It's what I use. I'm in the process of hiding my radio and just using my MP3 player for everything.

Interesting. I think I might opt for that at some point myself. Good idea.

Interesting. I think I might opt for that at some point myself. Good idea.

Thanks! I am going to put the radio delete plate in too hold a couple gauges. I didn't want to do the dash plate at this time and I know the radio one will be easier. Plus, if someone looks in and DOESN'T see a radio maybe they will be less inclined to enter the vehicle! But I will still have a radio, it will just be inside the glove box (maybe..haven't fixed a location yet)