Shaky Windshield

nascar

I have a question about the windshield posts (Maybe the A pillar) Everytime I get on rough road, seems the windshield and posts shake on my 87 GN T-Top car. I know those metal plates located behind the windshiels and the front of the t-tops are rusted and have a set ordered. My question is if there are bolts that might need tightening on the posts themselves. I know t-top cars are not as solid as hardtops but mine seems to be extra "loose".

They're all like that. There's more pillar shake on my t-top GN than my Mustang drop top. Just the nature of the beast.

Jim

look on the lower inside of the pillar right on or above the door hinges..there is usually a crack in the pillar need to remove door
and weld up crack :D

I put in the four missing body mounts and a set of rear seat braces on the same day. I took the car out for test drive and came back after half a block to get Lisa to show her how much quieter and tighter the car was. The change was dramatic.

Since then I have added the two braces that "V" out from the front crossmember to the frame rails and the Kirban brace that goes straight accross to join them together.

When I first got my T with the T tops I could feel the steering column move going over bumps, it had 106K on it then. It has 217K on it now and with the braces and bushings it only gets a shake on a real hard or sharp bump.

They go behind the seat

Do a search on rear seat braces and you should come up with lots of info. Some buy and some make their own. They are metal tubes that form an X behind the rear seat and are said to help with body twisting.

I have replaced the missing mounts and installed all of the braces. Car is very tight. Good investment.