Setting TPS (Maftpro vs Scanmaster)

XMAN

Guys,
In process of setting tps, scanmaster reads .44 and maftpro is reading .24-.35
which one is correct? Car seems to run fine not seeing any codes just seems odd that the two tools don't read the same.
Any ideas?

Multimeter at the tps sensor, what does it read there and then see which one is incorrect.
How do you like the maftpro?

BW

On my car both the scanmaster and the Maftpro are the same dont know what is going on with you. On a side note I love the maftpro :biggrin: :D

XMAN said:
Guys,
In process of setting tps, scanmaster reads .44 and maftpro is reading .24-.35
which one is correct? Car seems to run fine not seeing any codes just seems odd that the two tools don't read the same.
Any ideas?

Verify the quality of your ground connection, black wire, 10 pin harness.

Make sure the MAP wiring is correct, including the wires that need to be cut/disconnected.

The MAFT Pro and Scanmaster should be close.

B

Thanks for replys

Guys,
Thanks for the info, I will double check all connections, MAFTPRO has been istalled now for @ 7 months. So far MAFTPRO has been great as usual there is always that steeeeep learning curve. BTW should the Maftpro TPS numbers engine off be static or dynamic?

Turbo bob (MAFTPRO Questions)

1) I inspected and recrimped all connections. TPS number on maftpro reads .42 scanmaster .44, I can move black wire on the 10 connector where it connects to maftpro and tps number starts fluctuating.

2)O2 reading on maftpro reads .200-.230 with engine off scanmaster reads 0, could this be a result of item #1?

3) AF on scanmaster reads 02-03 running maftpro without MAF sensor does the low reading indicate a vaccum leak?

Thanks for your help

XMAN said:
1) I inspected and recrimped all connections. TPS number on maftpro reads .42 scanmaster .44, I can move black wire on the 10 connector where it connects to maftpro and tps number starts fluctuating.

2)O2 reading on maftpro reads .200-.230 with engine off scanmaster reads 0, could this be a result of item #1?

3) AF on scanmaster reads 02-03 running maftpro without MAF sensor does the low reading indicate a vaccum leak?

Thanks for your help

#1 should not cause the TPS value to change, make sure the 10 pin plug is inserted all the way.

#2 possibly, but the Scanmaster should read around 390mv with the engine off, O2 sensor cold.

#3 The Extreme G is a 768 gram/sec range chip. The Scanmaster will read 1/3 of the actual airflow. Vaccuum leaks will be indicated by high BLM values at idle.

Thanks Turbo Bob

TurboBob said:
#1 should not cause the TPS value to change, make sure the 10 pin plug is inserted all the way.

#2 possibly, but the Scanmaster should read around 390mv with the engine off, O2 sensor cold.

#3 The Extreme G is a 768 gram/sec range chip. The Scanmaster will read 1/3 of the actual airflow. Vaccuum leaks will be indicated by high BLM values at idle.

Turbo Bob,
#1 10 pin plug is properly inserted, maftpro numbers still fluctuate at idle car in park but reads closer to scanmaster, notice when driving TPS numbers at idle car in drive will be lower than scanmaster.

#2 Scanmaster with engine off reads ------.------- does not show mv reading. all other features show actual numbers

#3 I have extender pro chip, are you saying that the AF 02-03 that I see on extender pro chip at engine idle is correct?

Thanks again for your help

XMAN said:
Turbo Bob,
#1 10 pin plug is properly inserted, maftpro numbers still fluctuate at idle car in park but reads closer to scanmaster, notice when driving TPS numbers at idle car in drive will be lower than scanmaster.

#2 Scanmaster with engine off reads ------.------- does not show mv reading. all other features show actual numbers

#3 I have extender pro chip, are you saying that the AF 02-03 that I see on extender pro chip at engine idle is correct?

Thanks again for your help

#1 a little difference is fine. Keep an eye on it.

#2, oops right. Well right after you start it, the O2 numbers should start at 390 mv or so, due to the internal bias inside the stock ECM. The Pro doesn't have this bias and will read lower.

#3 yes