SES light wont go off???

You cant just pull the bulb! That is what is used as a resistor in the charging system. He was just joking. Read up at Vortex Buicks for a full explanation. Caspers sells a kit to bypass the bulb for $45 & is sold as an alternator feild fix for when the bulb burns out etc. You can just leave it in full time & then forget the bulb.

I thought that was a function of the alt bulb, not the CEL lamp. (as the field fix instructions indicate)

I start the car and after about 20 seconds begins to idle low and almost dies but come back, does this for 10-25 seconds. When I take the car out it runs fine, but sometimes can hear a sputter at startup.

Car has new:

coil pack/module
ignition switch
fuse links
ecm/chip
plugs/wires
crank sensor
TPS sensor

When the car warms up after 5 minutes it runs perfect, I drove a hour to my uncles house yestreday and ran like a dream...:cool:

Here are my Sn #'s when engine is cold/off and key on

AF-04
L8-00
Bat-12.0
RPM-00
Int-128
BL-128
Clt-76
ATS-80
TPS.42
MPH-00
IAC-140
Mal-00

Post the numbers engine running in idle.

When you turn the key on.. check engine light illumintaes. Once engine is running, its suppossed to turn off.. unless there is a MAL code.

Julio,
Ill post em tommarrow...its raining out...:frown:...but I honestly think it is a faulty wire. I have no mal codes so maybe the SES wire is shorted