serpentine belt

TurboBusa

huh??
hey all,
i would like to know what the part number is for the belts we use on 86-87. unfortunately i've had some problems getting them from the parts store. the replacements seem too big. i tried to match it with other belts seems that they don't have one for it. i've also ordered one online from a turbobuick vendor and that one is still too big. the one i have on is the last one i have. the numbers on it are long faded away.

I have a gatorback serpentine on my GN from Autozone #60635, no problems here.

if you have 5060640 (old listed belt size) they were a little long at 64.0" long

5060635 is the one that seems to fit with stock pulleys
635 is the length.. 63.5" (63 1/2)

if you find you have need for another size due to an undersized crank pulley , a/c delete pulley or other pulley change from stock .. simply run a string around the pulleys and then measure the string and subtract 1/2 -3/4 " for tensioner to take up

now just take the length you got from the string and convert that to a belt part#

take the first two numbers (5060) and add to it the # for the belt you need , give that part # to the parts guy

thanks fellas, Pace that's some good info. i'll be doing that since i do have underdrive and the a/c delete.

if you have 5060640 (old listed belt size) they were a little long at 64.0" long

5060635 is the one that seems to fit with stock pulleys
635 is the length.. 63.5" (63 1/2)

if you find you have need for another size due to an undersized crank pulley , a/c delete pulley or other pulley change from stock .. simply run a string around the pulleys and then measure the string and subtract 1/2 -3/4 " for tensioner to take up

now just take the length you got from the string and convert that to a belt part#

take the first two numbers (5060) and add to it the # for the belt you need , give that part # to the parts guy

THANK YOU SO MUCH! for explaining that............. man that was a problem solver.

A.j.

if you have the length inches and need a little more or less they code belts with the fractional sizes with the last digit
XX2 is .25" (1/4")
XX5 is .50" (1/2")
XX7 is .75" (3/4" )