Sending in my Scanmaster/should I upgrade my Translator chip

RegalT-type85

I have a scanmaster 2.0,sending in for repairs but also wonder if I can get it upgraded. Do they or can it be upgraded? If so what comes (faster refresh rate etc etc and how much does it cost?

Also I have a Old basic translator, I see full throttle has a 6.2 upgrade for them, what does the chip do compared to the one I have in it now?
Thanks

I have a scanmaster 2.0,sending in for repairs but also wonder if I can get it upgraded. Do they or can it be upgraded? If so what comes (faster refresh rate etc etc and how much does it cost?

they should be able to get it to 2.1 specs by changing the chip on the board , with that youll have a box that flashes 2.1 on startup and will read the newer 2.1 data stream which has cc and iac .... but the higher speed data refresh which displays PW and spk has to be burned into the chip in the ecm not the scanmaster , and actually the 2.0 fast data stream is a little faster than the 2.1 fast stream

Also I have a Old basic translator, I see full throttle has a 6.2 upgrade for them, what does the chip do compared to the one I have in it now?
Thanks
depends on how old , 4.0 wont support the z06 maf ,5.0 - 6.22 will , there was a 6.25 but all that added was support for the full throttle 4" maf in tube setup which didnt go so well
if you dont plan to use the large delphi zo6 maf then it wont do much

they should be able to get it to 2.1 specs by changing the chip on the board , with that youll have a box that flashes 2.1 on startup and will read the newer 2.1 data stream which has cc and iac .... but the higher speed data refresh which displays PW and spk has to be burned into the chip in the ecm not the scanmaster , and actually the 2.0 fast data stream is a little faster than the 2.1 fast stream

Thanks
depends on how old , 4.0 wont support the z06 maf ,5.0 - 6.22 will , there was a 6.25 but all that added was support for the full throttle 4" maf in tube setup which didnt go so well
if you dont plan to use the large delphi zo6 maf then it wont do much

I have the 85mm maf off a 5.3 truck, my translator is 5.6, So i really dont need the 6.2 chip, cool.

As for the Scanmaster, sounds like i don't need to upgrade.

Thanks alot for the info, I didn't want to just upgrade and not know what I will be getting ;)