SEMA Pictures

kenmosher

Whoosh!
Take a look at some of the SEMA pictures I took last week. The Special is among them (it is one SMOOTH car! VERY cool!). The pictures are pretty big, so if you have a dialup, be warned ...

http://www.appAuto.com/SEMA

Also, there are pictures of the new EFI systems and Nitrous systems that we are releasing in conjunction with Edelbrock. Take a look at our ECU running in a fish tank! Pretty neat! Plus, notice the software running on the monitor behind the engine? It's based on TurboLink!

We had two complete systems running and clicking injectors and sparking sparks (including the one in the fish tank!) These platforms are pretty amazing OEM quality pieces and the combination of OEM firmware and our GUI software is going to make for some nice systems. This is getting to be really fun!

Thanks for the pix Ken. Wow, so many nice things to drooll over. I settled my mind on the GTO. I don't understand all the negatives that car is getting. Man, that is the nicest, cleanest styled Pontiacs I have seen in ages. Gone is all the needless plastic stick on body panels. Thanks again for bringing home some great clps for us to enjoy also. Mark:D

I thought it looked nice in person, but didn't really care for the bright red paint. I think it'd look nicer in dark colors (or maybe silver).

The interior is nice, but I'd skip the body coordinated gauges ... I'd rather see silver backgroundor black background. Seats were comfy and had nice side support and the interior room was impressive.

I loved the idea of a stick in the car and thought the package looked pretty tight. It is a little "generic" looking, but I agree that all the boy racer stuff with the tack on wings, scoops, and fins was getting out of hand with the Ponchos lately.

It might not be as outright quick as some other vehicles out there, but it'd be a really fun boulevard cruiser ... kind of a trimmer Impala SS type of vehicle. It's quick enough to show lots of people taillights and still haul people around (what's that sound like? :))

I wish I had more time to cruise the show and take more pictures ... I was in the booth most of the time (which was good since we had an incredible response to the EFI and Nitrous systems).

Some great Buick folks stopped by and said "Hi"... John and Justin Spina (Casper's) , Mike Licht and Marianne (Full Throttle Speed & Style), Steve Hurst (BGNRA), Rob, Barry and Lee Campbell (Arizona club), Dave Sierra (Turbonetics).

Was a cool truck huh Intercooler. I have always had a weakness for them anyway. Being a Ford man at heart, and being here on a GM oriented board, I normally keep quiet on that one. lol. The Lightening was one tight, clean package for sure.

Thanks for the pitures Ken! It sure brings back lots of memories of tired feet over the years.

Is there an Edelbrock FI setup for an off the shelf GMPP 502/502 that can be bolted on and go?

We finally have our Carb running good, but since most Open road races are at 2500 to 5000 ft altitude, fuel injection would be the way to go.

There's two levels .... the Victor Series and the Super Victor. The Victor Series is meant to be a complete package ... bolt on and go, with a "pretty close" calibration included as part of the package. You can then use the software to tweak things into line, if needed.

The ECUs are really cool ...
- 20g shock resistant (they come from Mercury Marine, our parent company)
- water proof ... mountable on the side of an engine or firewall
- "model based controls" ... basically runs a physics model of the engine in software
- MAF capable
- OEM style driveability strategies (idle and off idle are really impressive!)

Basically the Victor Series is a 48 pin ECU with some of the more fine "knobs" hidden from the user (shouldn't need them for the prepackaged systems). The Super Victor is an 80 pin unit with all sorts of capability and the software is opened up for all sorts of tuneability.

Ahhhh!

That Buick Special was definitely one of my favorite cars at the show! That thing was impeccable! :cool:

Did you notice that the injector rails were actually a bit ABOVE the intake plenum! That thing was SMOOOOTH...

I'm not much for low riders, but that thing was so cool ... blown 455 with fuel injection. What's not to like?!

Originally posted by Intercooler
I like that 2005 Lightning!!:cool:

The 2005 Ford Lightning (Concept)
has the SuperCooler Intercooler, which is plumbed into the A/C unit. Gets the air-temp down to 38*, adding 30-45 HP.The 2006 Cobra (no 2005 will be made) reportedly will have this IC.

Very similar to the Intracooler product made for TRs in Texas.

Yet another example of the Ford SVT team forging ahead where GM fears to tread.