Selling My 86 Blue T-type

86Nick

Not your Grandpas' regal
Yes, it's offical I'm selling my Blue/Blue 86 T-Type. Car has lots of mods as listed in my signature. Comes with original motor and trans that I pulled from it when I installed a rebuilt motor and trans. Two set of slicks. All original parts that I removed when upgrading. New set of pistons and rings, block girdle, 10 Pats converter. Also has a rubbermaid container full of GM/Ac delco new parts for it. Looking for $6500 firm. Pm me for pics and

Yes, it's offical I'm selling my Blue/Blue 86 T-Type. Car has lots of mods as listed in my signature. Comes with original motor and trans that I pulled from it when I installed a rebuilt motor and trans. Two set of slicks. All original parts that I removed when upgrading. New set of pistons and rings, block girdle, 10 Pats converter. Also has a rubbermaid container full of GM/Ac delco new parts for it. Looking for $6500 firm. Pm me for pics and

Major issue is body. Needs paint and rust repair. Interior could use new carpet and seat recovered.

000_0029.jpg

000_0027.jpg

000_0026.jpg

000_0025.jpg

000_0024.jpg

000_0023.jpg

000_0021.jpg

000_0020.jpg

000_0016.jpg

000_0015.jpg

Here is the rough stuff

I know body work is expensive. That's why I figured that may be some body has a buddy that could give them a deal on some. I could probally could cut some pieces out here and there and reweld, but I tired of working on the ole girl. Here are more pics
000_0019.jpg

000_0020.jpg

000_0021.jpg

000_0028.jpg

000_0014-1.jpg

000_0017.jpg

NO INTEREST? Am I asking to much? I though for sure some of the locals would be interested. I figured with all the extras this was a fair price. Hell I think this car parted out would be worth $6500 parted. Oh well. I guess I'll start grinding away at her and add some primer.

Most guys in here prob couldn't fix the rust problems this car has . That would probably bring it to a body shop .. IF you can get a body shop to do it!! Most shops I know of wouldn't get involved because they can do an insurance job an make easier $$$. good luck with the sale

Most guys in here prob couldn't fix the rust problems this car has . That would probably bring it to a body shop .. IF you can get a body shop to do it!! Most shops I know of wouldn't get involved because they can do an insurance job an make easier $$$. good luck with the sale

Thanks, Point well taken. I was kinda hoping a body guy with the love for these cars would scoop it up. I guess maybe better after tax time.

I don't think the price is bad at all, I think guys are just scared of the rust, I don't see it as a difficult repair job, the rear area could be found at most junk yard, off of an old monte, or oldsmobile or of course a buick, have the junkyard plasma cut the rear area you need, have the area welded on and the rest is pretty easy, It looks alot worse than what it is, I feel for $6500 or so, you put in $3-to $4k and that can be a great looking car and you get a car with some nice mods already added so you kind of save a little there.
if this car was in perfect shape it would be in the $12k area, it's definetly a nice investment and in the end, our cars are worth it. I would'nt mind helping someone fix-it up, ( if someone down here bought it.)
here's a couple of pics of mine, which had rust spots as well but with some hard work she's definetly worth it, as will the T. lets not be afraid some hard work guys, it makes you feel even more prouder when you win that trophy

well good luck with the sale, it is a nice T, with alot of potential.:)

Attachments

• Picture 215.jpg
    Picture 215.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,348
  • Picture 099.jpg
    Picture 099.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,366
  • Picture 233.jpg
    Picture 233.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,350
  • tax's 033.jpg
    tax's 033.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,364
Thanks for the encouragement. I already have the piece cut out of a junkyard car. I have a flux core welder too, just afraid of cutting it out and not being able to go back together right.

I feel for $6500 or so, you put in $3-to $4k

so for $4k that can look like yours with all the rust fixed and a beautiful paint job like yours ??:confused: Damm whats just a nice paint job cost down there ?? $2k ??

just about, the guy i know did the body and some welding for $2500, yes i know the guy, but i don't see it being too much more, if you have the piece cut out already, thats great, i'm not sure where you live at but if your in the south florida area, i am willing to help you sand-down the car and take care of some of the minor rust spots, i'm sure i have a bud who'd help also, as far as the welding goes, my guy down here can do wonders on a car, well if ya need the extra help, just let me know, i'm sure after we get her clean and painted you might not want to let her go.:)

Still for sale as of now. Open to reasonable offers and trades/cash for the whole package.

Update New pistons rings and block girdle are no longer available with the deal. I sold them seperate. New Price $6,000 cash firm. Bring a trailer and a pickup to haul the car and all the parts.

here a bump for you,, i know its hard to sell them right now im trying to do the same thing...... and still cant give it away...

I don't know man, my father in law and I just restored a car that had rust. The body shop bill was 5800$$. IMO that would mean someone would be spending a total of around 12,000 for this thing....

I don't know man, my father in law and I just restored a car that had rust. The body shop bill was 5800$$. IMO that would mean someone would be spending a total of around 12,000 for this thing....

guess it depends where you are located .. Wouldn't be worth it up here BUT I guess it maybe is down there.. Rust is tuff to "cure" :p