Selling a car on EBAY

y26

What success or horry stories have you guys had SELLING your cars on ebay??

Do you feel that you get more $$$ on that then listing it else where??

Just curious what people have dealt with.

Thanks

I like watching cars on there for the heck of it. It seems to me that unless a car is really pristine or rare, the auction does not bring as much $$ as it should.

It also seems like this is true for both specialty cars and normal stuff.

Just my observation.

I tried to sell my Jeep on there, and it didn't work out. I found it to be a complete waste of time. Listed it twice, and had all of one bid. Heavily modified vehicles are a tough sell though. Wound up selling it locally, and sent e-bay $90 or so, for nothing, lol.

Thanks guys for the info. I'm thinking of using ebay as a last resort, Again thanks for the input.

The stupid part about eBay is that you'll see any number of auto sellers blaring on their page how you enter into a contract once you bid and if you don't come through then you are still liable, blah, blah, blah. Then if you end up putting a bid in on a car that has no reserve and you end up winning it for a really good price the seller can just back out and refuse to sell. What a bunch of crap.

The good thing about ebay is your product receives Worldwide exposure. Even if it doesn't sell you may receive a many emails from buyers..some very serious.

It's up to you to have a well written ad and good pics to have your auction noticed.

I've purchased 2 Escalades, A 65 Vette, 7 Harleys/Customs, A Motorcycle Trailer and other stuff ALL AFTER the auction ended.

could someone break down the fees to sell. I was on there website and it is kind of confusing..