Sellers Beware!!!!

You should be able to send UPS a ceise and decist type lawyerly letter and legally they cannot hit your credit on this (or so Ive been told). Besides, not sure how they can tank your credit when they don't have a SSN or anything like that, not to mention you said you're not in the US anyway...

I agree, I'm not sure how it can go on your credit without a SSN, that is, if you even have one, being out of the country. I would tell them to get the money off the roof. They most likely cannot prove you actually shipped the parts. I've never had to give UPS any form of ID when I ship a package.

I've sent several things from my previous employer using customers' UPS account numbers. First, if their account is past due or inexistent, then they simply will not ship it and bring it back. So if they DID ship it, his account was not past due and his UPS account was valid. So in no way can this guy be liable for the PR guy's UPS account. It's the PR guy's responsibility to keep his own UPS account number to himself. If he gives it out, it's his own fault if someone else uses it irresponsibley...which I know is not the case here. So, I disagree with your logic. However, UPS is rediculous to deal with and their rules defy logic so legally I'm not sure. Anyway, spongeboob, I hope it works out for you!

While I respect your opinon, the UPS shipper number is the first 6 digits of any tracking number. I send mine out everyday, not by choice. If someone walks into a UPS office and says "bill this to this account" they will do it and of course my account is also in good standing so they will do it. Now when I get my bill and say this is not me I am not paying for this they will go back to the shipper and try to collect from them since they are responsible.
UPS sucks going to Canada that is why we refuse to use them unles the customer insists.
Mike

Thanks, I hope this guy pays up. The reason I "strongarmed" you for an answer is because I put all the bad sellers on a list so I don't get burned in the future. :)
You didn't strongarm me into anything i posted yesterday asking him to own up and respond to the post and pay his bill and gave him 24 hrs to do so. I have been emaiing Pm'ing him and I sent him a link to the thread. I know he was online yesterday as I have been checking his public profile. I am sure that acct will go dormant, and he will pop up under another name shortly. My next step will be to post all his shipping and contact info. That should hopefully protect anyone else form getting burnt.

PM Shane or Jay, alert them to this thread and have them watch for his IP to pop up under another name.

While I respect your opinon, the UPS shipper number is the first 6 digits of any tracking number. I send mine out everyday, not by choice. If someone walks into a UPS office and says "bill this to this account" they will do it and of course my account is also in good standing so they will do it. Now when I get my bill and say this is not me I am not paying for this they will go back to the shipper and try to collect from them since they are responsible.
UPS sucks going to Canada that is why we refuse to use them unles the customer insists.
Mike
Ok, I see what you are saying. What really should happen is UPS should not allow people to use anything but their own UPS account number and you should provide proof. Then again, if UPS allows the use of others account numbers, then it's should be on their shoulders if something goes wrong...that's just my opinion. UPS should take SOME responsibility just simply for having a service that is not idiot-proof! :biggrin:

Thanks for posting his name, we all appreciate knowing who not to deal with on here!!! It's aways a shame though that it takes someone getting burned before we know who these losers are.....I'm sure there are enough Buick members in Puerto Rico that someone from there knows this person & might be willing to help him see that he made a very bad decision and he needs to be a man & take care of it..

The Darkside

He doesn't "appear" to be using additional user names.... He has recently logged in. Maybe he will read this and explain himself...

BTW, what personal info did you give UPS when you shipped the stuff?

He doesn't "appear" to be using additional user names.... He has recently logged in. Maybe he will read this and explain himself...

BTW, what personal info did you give UPS when you shipped the stuff?

They have my name and Address. I called them again today. They said he received all the items and then refused the shipping charges. It's kind of ironic he told me he hoped not to get raped on the shipping charges! :confused:

SPONGEBOOB, I have a sister that works at UPS and is a higher up person, Im gonna give her a call this morning and see what i can find out for ya. Sounds like a crock of SH*T to me but well see.

What has your sister found about this type of situation?

They have my name and Address. I called them again today. They said he received all the items and then refused the shipping charges. It's kind of ironic he told me he hoped not to get raped on the shipping charges! :confused:

With just your name and address I do not think they can "simply put it on your credit." If they didn't get your social, they have to get it somehow to put it on your credit. Name and address simply doesn't cut it unless you are sometype of gov agency...

If they get your social from anyone but you, a good attorney should be able to beat the snot out of them for the way they got it...

As I mentioned before; ask UPS to prove that the bill hasn’t been paid. Even in this less than logical world we live in; they shouldn’t be able to do that to the satisfaction of any court. If they act like they don’t have to; or that they might try; simply mention UNJUST ENRICHMENT (read "double billing") to them the next time they’re on the phone. This should be enough to make them stop calling. Then ask for a written apology.

Ok, I see what you are saying. What really should happen is UPS should not allow people to use anything but their own UPS account number and you should provide proof. Then again, if UPS allows the use of others account numbers, then it's should be on their shoulders if something goes wrong...that's just my opinion. UPS should take SOME responsibility just simply for having a service that is not idiot-proof! :biggrin:

I disagree with you on this.

I was buying a product and the company was charging me some huge shipping fee. I call my gf and tell her the shipping fee. My gf works for a company that does alot of shipping and she checks the fee. She then give me her company's UPS account and tells me to have them charge her account. And I just gave her the money for the shipping charges. The company that I ordered the part from was pissed :cool: . I guess they couldn't make a profit on shipping.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com