Sellers Beware!!!!

spongeboob

Here's the deal.. I was contacted by a board member from Puerto Rico, he said that he was interested in a bunch of the parts I had for sale.. Ask's me to box them up and ship them out to him. He said he has a UPS Acct and gives me the number. I box everything up that I had off the car and start removing parts for the next shipment.. He receives the first shipment no problems and pays me thru Paypal.. I have the rest of the parts boxed up send them out and he tells me I have been paid.. ZERO dollars in my Paypal Acct.. I contact him and he says "he will look into it" Finally after approx 30 days the money ends up on my Acct.. He calls me and says thanks.. Fast forward a few months and I receive a bill from UPS for $1,135.09 for shipping all of his parts to him on his UPS Acct!!!!! HE DIDN'T PAY HIS BILL , and they are trying to stick it on to me.. I contact him and he says "i will look into it" I am still waiting for a reply several weeks later and have just received another bill from UPS with another $56.75 added to the bill. Hopefully he will read this and MAN UP! Pay Your BILL!!!!!!!

Help me understand?? If he shipped them on his account why are you being billed by UPS??? Have you asked UPS what the hell they are doing sending you a bill??? Good luck and I hope you get this worked out!!

Tony...

I have called them a total of 6 times, they said I shipped it out and I am responsible if he doesn't pay his bill. Even though it was on his Acct. They said read the fine PRINT!

Yeah that can happen!!

I had a guy through Ebay pull the same BS on me. I told him if I got one more bill from UPS I would be showing up at his door step. He thought I was bluffing. To bad for him I have nothing better to do:rolleyes: A good day and a half drive I found his house and boy the look on his face was worth the drive;) Needless to say he took care of and told me I must be nuts, yeah like I haven't heard that before!!! The bill was well over a thousand times the gas it had costed me so it was well worth the time. People need to learn not to F**k people over cause one day someone may just show up at your front door:p Good luck to you.

Thats a bunch of bull**** brother. UPS beter get a clue. Hope you dont get beat here. Good luck.

How are you at all responsible? Something is missing here. Did you sign a contact or anything else making you legally liable to this bill?

UPS has a clause in the Waybill stating shipper and or receiver all responsible for all charges..This is according to the Phone Jockey I talked to.. They also stated it would affect my credit rating.

Wow! Now I have a whole new reason to hate UPS! Never had a single issue after switching to FedEx. Cheaper, I can do everything online, and they don't break my shi... stuff.

I ship so much stuff. I'm glad I found out about this. Sucks this happened to you man. There has to be some way to get out of that. I guess for the future everybody selling anything needs to get the extra money for shipping from the buyer and always do it themselves so this can't happen. Crazy man. Good luck!

Exactly why I am hesitant to even ship stuff to Puerto Rico.

I won't even ship to Canada anymore unless I know the person decent. Shipping stuff is getting to be expensive and a pain in the !!! :mad:

UPS has a clause in the Waybill stating shipper and or receiver all responsible for all charges..This is according to the Phone Jockey I talked to.. They also stated it would affect my credit rating.

sounds like bs to me.....tell them to show where you signed saying you'd take responsibility if he doesn't .

Id tell them to go suck scrotum. I dont know why you didnt use your own acct. Its easy enought to set up and then you are paying your own shipping. Simply dispute your credit hits and tell UPS to go and get that ass hole in PR

With all due respect that is kinda what you get for doing business with some one out of the states... I never do business with people over seas or anywhere other than here. To much bull **** like this.. Ive heard of people buying stuff from folks just to get there address name and info just to screw them.. That sucks.. People anywhere else don't have to live by the same laws we do.. Tell UPS to kiss a dick....

I wouldn't recommend Going to Puerto Rico and Showing up. I just came from there a couple of Months ago. They are crazy and really doesn't give a $h!t about shooting someone. Since they kicked out the Navy times for them are a little rough with having to pay State taxes and stuff. Gallon of Milk is like $5 but the funny thing was Gas was cheaper buy like 10 cents compare to the states. I didn't see any Buicks rolling out there when I was there. There was alot of old school Toyotas out there that I wouldn't mind getting my hands on. Suck to say if he owes you over $1,300 than good luck becuase it sounds like he just F'ed your credit.:( Report him becuase it sounds like he needs to be Ban.

SPONGEBOOB, I have a sister that works at UPS and is a higher up person, Im gonna give her a call this morning and see what i can find out for ya. Sounds like a crock of SH*T to me but well see.

Talk to my sis and she says what exactly is the bill for? Is it for shipping or duty and taxes?

I have sold and shipped lots of parts to PR mostly Toyota and RX7 Parts and like dealing with anyone anywhere I had some good and some bad.
That said
1-all of the federal laws that we have here they have there.
2-the same process you would take to sue someone here in another state other then your home state you would take to sue some one there.
3-So get moving and get your claim going.

Good luck dude