Seen "Lone Survivor" yet?

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Great show, but...not sure about the orientation of these Eotech style optical units. I have two different brands and both mount with the eyepiece towards the user. They do only work in one direction...

PDVD_000.jpg
PDVD_001.jpg
PDVD_002.jpg

Mine is oriented w/ holo-screen (?) toward front as in pics
Hmmmm...:confused:
Loved the movie, hated that it had to be made, kinda like "Blackhawk Down"
moving & inspiring, but hard to watch, don't know if I can watch it again any time soon; hits too close to home.

Do_O

Yeah, that is odd. I've got a Bushnell (made by Eotech) and a Command Arms MSE AQC1 and both have the battery compartments forward of the reticle. The movie is pretty close to the book, I read that when it first came into print...

Here's a pic of mine:
Optic.JPG

I did a search on Google & some are indeed oriented w/ Holo-screen toward rear & others toward barrel...

images.jpg

Do_O

Last edited:
A kid I recruited into the Navy is on Seal Team 8 with Marcus Luttrell's brother. Couldn't imagine being their parents. Having two son's in the Seals! On one hand you would be proud as hell and on the other hand scared shitless that you could easily lose two sons!

The kid I recruited was involved in a helicopter crash that nearly killed him. He was fast roping out of a helicopter and the helicopter lost power and fell before he was on the ship. He ended up breaking his pelvic bone but fully recovered. I don't know how well I would have handled it if he had died and he isn't my son. I got to know him and his family very well. We still keep in touch.

Those are 'Docter' optics. A small reflex sight that is normally on magnified optics and is in the military NSN system. Most troops with M4's will have them on top of ACOG's.