second time to track

kingots2004

2nd time to track with no problems at first so ive got it down almost a second .heres two of my passes from today.i just changed to double adjustable shocks on 6-18-10. my 60ft was 1.57,1.54,1.56. i had to hot lap it to get those 3 passes in before my time trials and unfortunately my radiator hose touched my wp pulley and cut it so my day was done. it was app.98 degrees with 24lbs of boost leaving around 17lbs of boost when i made these runs.it ran a 6.77, and a 6.73 and my other pass was scrubbed. i believe its got a 60 in it with cooler weather on the same 60 and with a little suspension tuning maybe even a 50 so well see. then ill have to turn it up and maybe spray it alittle :smile:

YouTube - buick track day 2

YouTube - buick track day

i did win both of these also :cool:

whats youre combo? those where track cars. you ran them down and got them on the big end very nice!thats alot to make up.most races are won on the holeshot! sweet ride and you spanked there asses what was the track temp great job kid o and happy fathersday

my combo is a 250 cube stroker bottom end. stock block, stock head gaskets,212 cam, non ported champion aluminum heads,95lb injectors,xfi,t350 with tbrake,3.42 gear with315 dr.76gtq on 24 lbs of boost. i got the big turbo so when i step up to a stage block i can turn it up. i hit 30lbs on the street once and i can tell ya this turbo dont like 24 near like it likes 30 lol. i kept the cam small and the heads small to limit power for the stock block. the heads are oringed also and have done a great job on keeping the head gaskets in place. my mph is slow :) 145 degree track temps i believe is what i heard someone say

Good video and man you are getting it together. You are doing us Buick guys proud running down both of thoes race car's in that little V6. I know how hot it was Saturday and you was still making good power. Hope we can catch a break in the heat and get all the Buick guys together for a good track day and some testing before Noble. You just may have a 9 sec. ride by then.

thanks james. i wish it would run nines lol. im to scared to push it though lol. now if i had an ole stage block that would be a diff story ;)

Nice runs, nice launchs. It looks like you are pulling the wheels higher than when we were at Centerville. The weather is usually 'brisk' in October at Noble, so the cooler weather will get you 9 seconds, here we come! What tire pressure are you using now and what boost at launch?

like 15 to 17 on launch and 13 and 15 on tire pressure. seemed that 15 did better thats about where it was at when i ran the s-10.as far as exact boost leaving the line im just guessing i was having to look pretty quick it was a pro tree. glad ole "buick jack" come on here to post :)

Nice runs, car sounds very stout.
Just curious what tires this was on, and di you just run 1/8th?

Geoff

yeah it was just 1/8th mile. they do run a 1000 ft also but it was an outlaw race and they just run the 1/8 to keep speeds down. one guy did run a 4.04 and 4.03 on that hot track so that was impressive. i want to do some quarter mile testing but the only quarter mile track left thats even close to me is 3+ hours away. but i have 2 1/8th mile tracks both within 2 hours. plus i dont have a cage and would hate to drive 3+ hours and make one pass. i dunno how strict they are lol. awe and the tire is a 315 mickey drag radial

Nice passes I saw your post on YB about the afco shocks.... I know what you mean about the cage part I do not have a cage in mine either and Im putting on a 67mm turbo in a few weeks :D going to be a pifa to goto the track soon... :(

yep lol unless ur like me and have some outlaw tracks. those are nice shocks just a couple things to do before you put them on. hope that saves some people some time and energy. its a pain crawling out from under a car 4 or 5 times and havin to go to town to get stuff to make everything work.

Sweet

Chris, James told me about your videos. That thing is nasty on the big end. I'm sure glad to see your car running so well.

Doug