Seats. Foam Padding and Covers

yarbeau

Darth Vader
Looking to redo my front two seats. The padding is absolutely shot and hurts to sit in.

I saw online that they do make the foam padding but I can't find the site any longer.

Jax seat covers are the way to go? Any other suggestions?

Derek

I went w/ Jax in leather they are re-upholstery, not just covers.
(Did 'em myself & am very pleased I have a post or pics on someone else's post?!? you can do a search...)
I think G-Body parts sells the seat "buns"
if 'm mistaken, somebody will chime in!
HTH!
D

Thanks. I guess i used the term covers wrong. I dont want "cheap" looking covers. I intend to go the reupholstered route. I just want the best quality/dollar combo!

Checked out gbody. but they only have highback buns... :(

I want to say dixiemontecarlo.com was where I got the seat foam a couple of cars ago. From what I recall there is a minor modification that needs to be made on the bottom cushion with regard to which wire the hog rings attach.

My driver side seat slopes down towards the door. Looks like a common problem as both my G-body's had the same issue.

Is it the foam that breaks down with age or is it the springs that usually cause the slope?

Thanks
~JM~

I got my seat "covers" from nos4gn in their exclusive material. They look great, although I am yet to install them. I'd like some info on the foam as well.

I did a post a while back regarding my Jax leather refurb; not really that bad take lots of reference pics & invest in a GOOD pair of hog-ring pliers!
A lot of positive feedback from people who've seen it

Yarbeau, I just wrote about something that may interest you, check it out.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/87-gn-pwer-seat-question.372289/

I am having the foam put into my seats right now. I was surprised to find out that the seat bottom itself has very little support in it. The strength seems like it comes from the track rail itself. Def. check your rail and rail brackets out. BTW I bought my foam from Highway stars.

Good luck,
Busyman