Seat cushions and engine cleaning

kels87gn

1st. I was wondering if there is any way to firm up the seat bottoms in the front seat of a GN. Mine are in mint condition but I seam to sink into them a little more than I like. I know I've gotten heavier but can this be fixed?

2nd. I was also wanting to clean a few areas in the engine bay but am a little leery of using any degreaser or water under the hood. The car has 16,000 miles on it and pretty much in mint condition. I just have a few areas around bottom of fuel rail,side of valve cover and just below turbo/ thermostat area that I wanted to try and clean up. Any ideas on the best way to do this? A rag won't do the job I just don't want to start spraying random products around electrical connections or sensitive areas under the hood. Any help appreciated.

I can't give any real advise on the engine other than find someone with a steam cleaner. You don't want to take a power washer to your engine I would think. I did have some work done on my seats. If there is a reputable trim shop or upholstery shop nearby they can remove portions of the seat covers and install a new pad and resew them. I had some small areas needing replacement and when they did this they suggested new pads which were better by today's standards.

Thats a good winter project for me. Thanks for the idea. I may get the side portion by thr thigh bolstered up as well. I guess due to constant in/ out of the vehicle it wears down.

Yes, I was told it is due to time and use. Just find a reputable upholstery/trim place in town. If you find one, I recommend you see if they have any of the old silver or black diamond fabric. This is becoming extremely hard to find. If they have a roll, buy it. If you don't have the money for it, I will buy what you don't need or want.

The best time to do an engine is when it's 90+ degrees out. I use engine degreaser gel and hose off with a garden hose. Cover the alt take the coil off. After you wash it off you need to have an air compressor with an air chuck to blow the water off especially with the wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk