Seat covers for the 84 turbobuicks

tb3

elbows & a$$holes
This will probably never happen, especially since the leather/cloth lear siegler seats only came in the 84's (and I think the 82 gn's?) But what the heck, thought I'd throw it out there. I'm budgeting to get my front and back 84 gn seats done in the spring, and I want the OEM look.

have you tried any of the companies that do the repro 86-87 interiors such as Jax seat covers?

I've done tons of searching. Hadn't tried Jax though. Heres what I found... Jax Seat Cover. They've got some cool stuff for the 85/87's. What makes it more difficult I'd imagine is all the differant pieces the 84 models buckets are made up of. Remember they have all the adjustments for back and leg support, (like a performance car should). Could never understand why they didnt do this the following 3 years??? I've got a feeling to get a brand new OEM look again, I'm looking at close to $1500 to get the front and back done right at a place that would tackle it as a custom one-off job. (ouch!!!).

84 seats

Problem there is finding The material.I have about 9 yards of the original 84 Lier material. The other problem that comes into factor is how many sets of those seats are really left?
If it was a simple seat to do that would be one thing, but the costs would out weigh the sales.
I had 85-7 Gn seat covers that are made in t-type material that Jax's carries Picture Viewer
built by a company in CA.I also had the regular 85 T-type material done.
Put it this way even with the really nice units for the 85-7 GBodyParts.com Online
There is just a limited amount of sales.It is hard to convince a manufacturer to build it.
It took 18 months to get moon roof headliners built & we have sold a whole 15 of them in a month!!!

I have to agree with Brian.
It cost me $75.00 a yard in 2002 for OEM fabric and hard to find even then.
Then $600.00 to just do the four seat panels and backs again in 2002
I bet there are not many left, sad to say worth restoring mine was one of them.

we should make a list of the people with the lear seats because i need mine done very soon for world of wheels at the end of january

we have 2 people and me so far and lets get the word out so we can get more!!!!!!!

i tried jacks a year ago and he said he could make it then for 800.00 for the front seats and i would have to put the covers on. i dont know how much the rear seat is because i didnt need mine redone at the time but now i do.

Better off doing it by yourself, too much work no money
Sorry to say but real world
Need help finding fabric or aftermarket fabric
I'm sure members can help

I don't have any faith in this happening. I was just throwing it out there to see if anybody might know of somewhere where these are or could be made. If somebody thinks they can make it happen though, I'm in. I have one rip in my leather, which can be fixed. Rest of the leather is in great shape and can be reconditioned. I was planning on pulling the seats, upper door card and rear quarter cards and taking to a reputable int. place and having them use the leather and sew onto new cloth that is close a match as possible. But again, $1500 at least I bet(for a A+ job). I am a stickler for keeping this thing original as possible, but if the cloth is slightly off, I can live with that, as long as it matches the rest of the cloth. How many turbobuicks in 84 total? 4200 or so? and the biggest question of all,... how many are left? And I think the t types didn't have the 6, and came in other colors? So no, I certainly don't expect anybody to start making these. Especially with how much more busy these seats are compared to the 85-87's. Those are about as generic and basic as you can get. But if somebody can find a way.... I'm in.