Searchy no worky ??

Jbenn911

Still tryin to learn !!
Anyone else having trouble with search function ?? I type in what I want to search for, and it just pops up with done..same page, no results.. :confused:

I am having a little different problem , When I search using more than one word I get the blank internet explorer screen strange :confused: If you type in one word it works fine

i having the same problem as the first poster. ive had this happen on two different computers using both IE and Firefox on both. firefox just sits there and will say done. IE will show a "server not found or dns error" screen. this happens on both the advanced search page (search.php) and via the search pop-up javascript within each forum which also calls search.php. i dont have this problem on other vbulletin sites. i can still browse around the forums fine so the server isnt just "down". its very frustrating.

Jesse said:
I will look into it guys.

Jesse
:cool:

Any update on this? Two word searches make it crash. It would be nice to be able to search with more than one word..makes for better search results.

TEST MY 6 said:
I am having a little different problem , When I search using more than one word I get the blank internet explorer screen strange :confused: If you type in one word it works fine

Same problem here :frown:

I am also having problems. If I enter 1 word it works, but if I enter more I get the "website not responding" bs.

I have looked into the system and have found all is working ok.
I also have used the search option before posting this reply and all is working.

Can you guys give me a step by step account on what is happening , also how you are typing your words in the search bar.

Thanks
Jesse

Well as an example, at 8:50 pm eastern, I just did a search. I wanted to know how much boost could be run on race gas. I went to the general tech section, and I entered "how much boost on race gas", and the page took a second, then it said done at the lower left hand corner of my browser. So I entered "boost on race gas", same result. Finally I entered "boost", and got the same result. It just reloads the same page. I am not sure if it does this all the time, just sometimes I THINK.....I might be wrong. Right now it seems to be doing the same thing in the lounge.

Only seems to do it sometimes. For instance I put in "Mixing alky" and it didn't work. Then I put in "alky" and it works. :confused: maybe the search just doesn't like us sometimes ;)

I've been searching for high 02's and running rich as the search terms and the search is never performed.It connects to the server but no information is displayed. :rolleyes:
It has worked off and on since the upgrade.

i put in garrett turbo and it does the

The page cannot be displayed

but if i put just garrett it goes thru

i think it only likes one word searches

I've been having the same problem.

Type in fuel pressure in the search and nothing pops up. Just says done like some previous people mentioned.

A lot of other similar seaches show up nothing also.

I'm having to go to turbobuicks.com to search for things now.