*Search* problems??

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
For a few weeks now, which is the first time I tried since the outtage of this board, I can't use the search feature.

If I search threads for keywords, I get a blank 'page not found'. If I then refresh, it takes me to the advanced search page. Which, if I use that, still leads me to a blank page.

However, if I search by username (thread starter, contributor, etc) I get results.

I can't think of any reason for this. If it was any type of IE security setting or a personal firewall issue I wouldn't get results from a user based search.

But, just wondered if I'm the only one... If not, who do I/we notify? I could really use to be able to search so I don't re-ask Q's I KNOW were covered at great length.

TIA,

M

i seem to get that message if i seach and it can't find any results. try searching for a known keyword.

i also always use the advanced search.

I'm actually searching for posts I *know* exist.

Even the advanced search gives me the same issue. It doesn't say that there were no results. It's actually a 'page not found' which is a much bigger issue.

But thanks! At least there's one person having some issues.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue though????

REALLY pissing me off.

For me it's consistant. I absolutely cannot use the search. Even if I go straight to 'advanced'.

And it sux! I need some info refreshed in my mind before I order parts!!!!!!

I here ya...it drives me crazy when it happens. I do all the Windows updates...maybe that is what fixed it. It has been working for the last couple of weeks. Also this is not the only web site it has done it on either so it very well could be an Internet Explorer issue :confused:

Scott,

Thanks for the help. I'm a high-level computer geek by trade. And, there are no recent (approved) updates that I don't have.

Even (understand I'm NOT being argumentative... just working through geek logic) IF there were needed updates, it should NEVER ever affect things like this. And, if it did, the code for user based searches is theoretically/fundamentally the same. Which is what is frustrating me.

And Lee... THANKS!!! The admins probably won't know. But, the service provider for this site sure would if there's an issue that affects this/and other like sites.

HELP!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

Or -

What's the part # for the walker muffler that we all seem to agree has a good 'tone' and doesn't sound like a ricer at 3k rpm? **And, does that mean I have to find a shop capable of custom making the cat-back portion? Or is there a part # for a suitable (except for muffler) stock replacement?

What's the agreed upgrade/replacement for the thermostat? 160*?

I'm about to finally buy the turbo. Given that I'm using ported heads/intake, ATR HEADERS and likely a 206/206 or 204/214 cam, what turbo would work? That asked, I might as well buy a ball bearing turbo (since I like to only buy once!!) that by nature would make my stall more streetable?

And a host of other VERY WELL ANSWERED questions!!

Sorry, just need the help and don't like asking Q's that I'm certain have been asked/answered 400 times!

M

blah blah blah...

I agree, Admins won't be able to fix the problem, But they know how to contact those who do :)

lee

P.S. I personally guarantee it will be fixed by the twelfth of Never :D

Lee -

the 12th is bad for me. Can we make it the 16th? :D

(by the way, it does NOT matter what forum I search... so it's not just that us TTA people are Jerry's Kids...)

Razor and lburou:
I'm going to move this to site suggestions.

To all:
please try your search query now.

Makes no difference unless I'm doing a user based search.

But this last test I did a few hours ago was "gas in oil", which is the exact title of a thread I started... which I find if I do a user based search.

Hmmm, this may take a little more time. The other forum leaders and I will have to do a little more investigation.

Thanks.

Strage. I am now able to search for some things. And other things (like the example I gave you) still error out to a blank page.

But it has improved since you posted the *try it again* yesterday. Before I could search for nothing. Now, I can get some things... And if I enter a term that it doesn't find, it DOES give me an error like it should. So it's not that it can't find it.

I am trying to help narrow it down, but I have yet to find what causes it. 3 words, etc... If I do find a repeatable combination that causes it, I'll be certain to tell you.

Thanks!

The search feature often doesn't work for me anymore lately either. It's maddening sometimes. :mad: I get the Page Cannot Be Displayed page when it's not working.

chicagoTTA said:
Makes no difference unless I'm doing a user based search.

But this last test I did a few hours ago was "gas in oil", which is the exact title of a thread I started... which I find if I do a user based search.

We are using your phrase to test the search issues. Actually, Jesse is. So hopefully we'll get some resolution.