Sealed Power 204/214

qwikv6

Who has this cam in an 86-87 engine?

Are you running a 12" converter? Is it loosened up?

Is there any lag?

I see some info on some hot air cars but not too much for the intercooled cars. I got the info on the 206/206 that I was looking for. The ? is will this 204/214 work well in my 87 with the below mods? My converter stalls at about 2600-2700 rpms.

I want to do this mod in the next month or so.

Thanks in advance... see sig for mods
Sorry if this has been covered before.

Hey I'm running it in my new motor, and love it. I do have a loosened 12" convertor from PTS, but I don't think you will have a problem with spoolup at all with even a stock D5. Mine is only a 2800 stall, and I have a PTE44 with their housing and ATR headers which all affect spoolup, (supposed to slow it down) but mine will blow away the tires at any amount of boost at part throttle. Good luck

mine is 87 motor :D

back when I had the ta-49 turbo on my car I ran it for a while with a D6 converter which stalled about 1700 and still worked fine

from all I've seen and comparing mine with 204/214 to my buddy's car with stock cam mine has more low end than his and pretty much the same vacuum readings at idle.

I have decided to go with the 204/214 Speed Pro. I ordered it Friday. For $85 I figured that it was a good investment. I will try and let you all know how it goes.

Since there has been NO bad feedback on this cam why spend more $ if you don't need to. The Sealed Power/Speed Pro website lists cam as 2 steps up from stock.

Can't wait to get in!!! Good Luck to all those deciding on a cam.

Thanks to all those who took time to post responses and send PM's.

I guess I need to go back to the wading pool and leave surfing to the pros :). Thanks for pointing that out.