Sea Foam

Spoolin Hooligan

Off the wagon Boost Addict
I'm really not into additives but my friend told me about Sea Foam. But I am a little nervous to put it in my car. Fuel and vaccum lines not so much but right into the engine gets me kinda shaky. I read reviews never saw reall any bad ones. Im just nevervous if it cleans out all the gunk that some peice may get stuck where its not supposed to. I was planning on changing the oil almost immeditaly after use. But wanted to come on here and ask if anyone has used it.

I used it in the transmission of my t/a and it got the job done. It's good stuff . I would use it again

Why are you considering putting it in your engine? I have used it many times threw the years for clicky lifters. Worked every time.

I used Seafoam to clean the carbon from a 4.2 inline 6 in a Trailblazer. I shot into the throttle body with a tube supplied with the Seafoam. It smoked like crazy, but removed the carbon that was causing a knock. It runs great now.

Listen pal, if anybody is being a smart ass it's you. I simply asked why you were considering putting it in your engine as you didn't state anything about having any problems, such as sticky lifters, gummed up, carbon, ect. I gave you my feedback, it worked great for clicky lifters. You then come back with your intelligent answer because the can says you can. Slick-50 says you can to. Try it.

Listen pal, if anybody is being a smart ass it's you. I simply asked why you were considering putting it in your engine as you didn't state anything about having any problems, such as sticky lifters, gummed up, carbon, ect. I gave you my feedback, it worked great for clicky lifters. You then come back with your intelligent answer because the can says you can. Slick-50 says you can to. Try it.

i didnt know thats what you meant when you asked why i was putting it in my engine. I dont have any problems just wanted to kind clean my engine out. I'm sorry we got into this pissing contest. just a misunderstanding between us.

GNvirgin,
Yes I guess this has been an honest misunderstanding between us, so I also apologize. Here are a few words of wisdom and I'm NOT trying to be smart here.
IF it ain't broke DON"T fix it.

GNvirgin,
Yes I guess this has been an honest misunderstanding between us, so I also apologize. Here are a few words of wisdom and I'm NOT trying to be smart here.
IF it ain't broke DON"T fix it.

Mike, how long did the fix last, or is it still keeping them quiet, as I have the same problem.

Yes, all of them that I used it on are still quiet and I had one in a guys 84 hot air car that was really clacking away, put a can in and it took a couple of days of driving it off and on but it finally shut up. I built a new engine for my own car last winter and I did reuse my Morel lifters. They were quiet in my old engine but when I fired the new engine I had one on the number 5 cylinder clicking away. Put half a can of Sea Foam in and no deal, added the other half and in about 2 minutes it quieted right down and almost 4000 miles it is still nice and quiet. I have also noticed a difference in injectors that are kind of noisey when added to your gas tank. I am NOT a beliver of snake oils but Sea Foam works. Stuff has been around since the 40's.

OK, I have a stupid question. In order to quiet the lifters, are you guys are adding the Sea Foam to the crankcase oil or are you "fogging" the engine with it as I've been told that is common also. If you add this stuff to the crankcase oil, how long are you running it for?

I don't have a problem and as such, don't plan on doing this, I'm just curious.

I use seafoam. I think its great. I pull a vacuum line off and suck about 1/2 the can into the engine while its running. It smokes like a 2 dollar prostitute. Then I shut the car off. Put the remainder in the gas tank. Let it sit for 5 min or so. Start it back up and watch the smoke screen. I'll do that 2 to 3 times a month till the smoke screen isnt as bad as the first time. Then I fugure the inside is alot cleaner than when i started. Good Luck.

When poured right into the engine I have ran it til the next oil change. I have also just ran it for 100 or so miles and changed the oil. Iv'e seen no difference either way. Now for those who will try Sea Foam for clicky, clacky COMP CAM lifters will more than likely see NO improvement. From all the grief I had with those JUNK lifters the only cure I found for them was the garbage can.

Reactions: Key