Sea Foam?

When I used to work at a reputable shop we would put it in motors that have not had their oil changed at regular intervals. Never used it for anything else. Shouldn't ever need it as long as you take care of your vehicles as far as I'm concerned.

Occasionally, we use that or GM Top Engine Cleaner to clean built up carbon from the combustion chamber.

In the combustion chamber, carbon will glow red hot and predetonate your fuel charge (a bad thing). I preferred TEC to sea foam because it is much easier to put where you want it with the spray can. :)

Sea foam is awesome for really hot engines like V-twin motorcycle engines... Thats what I used it for mostly. I also use it as a gas additive every few tanks in my other cars to clean the injectors. I have not used it in my GN yet.

It can be used as an oil additive, and it works VERY well to get rid of carbon build up. You DO NOT have to flush the engine out, or change the oil after use, but I still do anyways just because I usually need to do it. Now I dont have a can here, but I think it says that it is safe for all vehicles including diesel and turbo cars, but Im not sure. Im really leary of putting anything foreign through my turbo.

All in all is is good stuff, and it can also be used as a fuel stabilizer.

Makes alot of smoke. Cleaned My DSM motor with it and the Combustion chamber was shiny.