Script problem?

tlturbo

Tag - WUTSA V8
I keep getting a message from Windows that there is a Script running on this site that is causing Internet Explorer to run slow if it continues, it might becone unresponsive and do I want to stop it running. Yes or No. This is the only site this is on.

Just started this week I believe.

Terry

There's a whole thread in the longe about it and I sent a note to Shane but haven't heard back yet.

So I have to reconfigure my computer to fix a problem that exists only on this site? Doesn't really seem like it's a problem that I need to fix but one that needs correcting on the site.

So I have to reconfigure my computer to fix a problem that exists only on this site? Doesn't really seem like it's a problem that I need to fix but one that needs correcting on the site.
Turns out if you have IE 8 or 9 if you turn off the compatability mode for this site it works fine.:)

Any fix for IE7? Can't upgrade due to it's a work computer. There is no compatibility feature in IE7.

I also have IE 7 and can't upgrade. It is making this site a real pain to use. Why can't the site admin just FIX it or get rid of it. This is the ONLY site I have this problem with so obviously it is something that can be changed or gotten rid of (if he knows how). I hate it when admins just have to play around with a site and can't just leave well enough alone.

It appears to be a Xenforo problem so maybe it will be fixed after a while? Luckily (for me) I only have to use the computer with IE7 every now and then. If does work but it's a pain.
Somedays I only have to answer 'script' 3-4 times in the efirst 5 minutes then it's ok, other days I get the 'script' message every few minutes for hours(that sucks). That PC
has Windows XP Professional and IE7.

Exactly - XP Pro and IE7. My main issue is if this is the ONLY site out of all the sites I visit, obviously somethiing is installed on this site that everyone else can do without - so why not just remove it? Like you said, when I go from one forum to another, it takes about 30 seconds for the damn SCRIPT problem message to appear. Haven't stayed long enough to see if it goes away after enough answers.

Exactly - XP Pro and IE7. My main issue is if this is the ONLY site out of all the sites I visit, obviously somethiing is installed on this site that everyone else can do without - so why not just remove it? Like you said, when I go from one forum to another, it takes about 30 seconds for the damn SCRIPT problem message to appear. Haven't stayed long enough to see if it goes away after enough answers.

Xenforo has a completely different architecture and expects your computer to be using software reasonably current. IE7 is not and it doesnt support all the features. I suggest you give ChromeFrame a shot. That should fix your issues.

On another note, I dont know why anyone in an enterprise environment would still be running IE7. Its extremely insecure and almost everything on the market supports IE8 at a minimum. You really should talk to your IT department about upgrading.

Xenforo has a completely different architecture and expects your computer to be using software reasonably current. IE7 is not and it doesnt support all the features. I suggest you give ChromeFrame a shot. That should fix your issues.
On another note, I dont know why anyone in an enterprise environment would still be running IE7. Its extremely insecure and almost everything on the market supports IE8 at a minimum. You really should talk to your IT department about upgrading.

Thanks, good answer... Funny the PC giving me problems is in an enterprise environment! You would think they would want to upgrade. Guess what - no money! Funny because the enterprise name is "Office for Technology"!