scanmaster turns on and then turns back off

BigReade

Buick City Boy
I know I've seen a thread about this here somewhere, but can't find it, so I was hoping others could chime in and give me some insight as to what may be going on here.

Got the scanmaster and powerlogger installed in my car, and they were working cohesively for a short while, but after we go make a couple pulls, the scanmaster shuts off. Went through, checked connections and fuses, everything was good. And then I noticed on my next start up that the scanmaster would power up when I turn the key forward, it displayed it's basic "hello" screen, telling the version it is, and then shuts completely off. All this time, the powerlogger still works just fine. Has anyone experienced this at all?

Check all connections again, and then again, I had a similar thing happen to me and it ended up being a loose ground lol the whole time I was looking at another ground that I thought was for the scanmaster... good luck ...Mike

Same happened to me. I couldnt find a loose connection, so I redid the wiring all over and never had a problem since. I would bet its either a loose ground or loose data wire.

I currently have this problem. We've traced it to the data wire but can seem to find what's wrong with the data wire itself. Next time I see it I'm going to try cleaning the ecm connection.

Sent while curing depression with boost.

yes make sure your power logger is in all the way the part that slides into the ecm and the cables are connected too i was having the same problem and it was cock not seated all the way and crooked i pushed it in and never stop reading again no i check it now and then.