Scanmaster hookup question

Mack V

I just finished installing my scanmaster. The white wire goes to the plug near the radio, the black is the ground and the red is for the power which I used a wire that is near the radio that has 12 V. Everything works great except when I apply the brake then the scanmaster shuts off and then on when i release the brake. Anyone have any idea whats going on?
My next choice is to go to the fusebox for the power supply instead of the wire near the radio.

go to radio shack and get a cigarette lighter plug for the red and black wire. then you can just unplug it for use on a friends car.mine works perfect that way. hope this helps.

Not sure which wire you tapped into for power...why don't you run the power wire to one of the lugs on the fuse box that is marked IGN?

Wow, thanks for the quick response. I will try a different power source like the cig. lighter. Thanks for the help.

You can leave the Scanmaster connected to constant +12volts. The unit goes to sleep
when the data stops coming from the ECM. When asleep the unit draws practically
nothing.

He may have tapped power from the brake switch feed to the TCC or something like that also.

My recomendation is ground at the ALDL plug, data at the ALDL plug, power
from the fusebox. This works everytime.

TurboBob