scanmaster and PL troubles

jcawley3

I got a new laptop so I could run my PL. I loaded the most up to date version of PL and it is working fine. Next I wanted to connect a wideband. It works good. Next I put the 2.2 Scanmaster chip in and took the WHITE wire that was connected to the back of my serial port (I believe that is the name, its rest under dash near radio) and connected it to the SCM port on the block. then connected the block to the PL with a DIN cable.

The Scanmaster will power up and show 2.2 on the screen then PL or something then goes blank and nothing else happens. Seems like we are getting power but no data. Any help woulb be great.

thanks John

I also figure the block is connected fine because the wideband is showing on the PL screen

When the SM starts up do the numbers just runn all crazy and then if go blank ??? If so, I would try and remove the negative off the battery and remove the chip to reset the ECM...Thats what i had to do on mine a while back...give it a shot

sounds like its set up right, but not getting data.

make sure the update chip didn't have any bent pins in the scanmaster.

check what version is in the PL. Connect the laptop, and read some data, then go to the F1 page and hit the about button, it will tell you the version of the PC software, and the PL.

Bob

sounds like its set up right, but not getting data.

make sure the update chip didn't have any bent pins in the scanmaster.

check what version is in the PL. Connect the laptop, and read some data, then go to the F1 page and hit the about button, it will tell you the version of the PC software, and the PL.

Bob

Bob, I did bend a pin while putting it in. I took it back out straightened it out and put it back in, could I have damaged it? I will check the PL version, but I was given the update link from TurboDave....pretty sure its correct. I'll double check