Scanmaster AIR TEMP-HOT HOT!!!!!!

josefigue

HI Guys :
My scanmaster shows a blinking HOT in the AIR TEMP display.This are wrong?PLEASE HELP.Thanks :confused:

josefigue said:
HI Guys :
My scanmaster shows a blinking HOT in the AIR TEMP display.This are wrong?

Normal. Just means the air temp is over 140dF. Which is HOT.

The stock code only uses the air temp for fueling, as calibrated by the factory. ie there's no timing correction for really high air temps.. If you're just seeing that at a drive-thru, or low loads, not a big deal. If your seeing it during a pass, be absolutely sure, you don't start seeing any knock. There are limits to how much knock the ecm can deal with.
HTH

It get's really hot under the hood during the summer. If you have the standatd aftermarket open K&N filter/maf pipe setup then it's sucking in that hot air under your hood. That was happening to me a lot (I live in S Florida), so I got a hold of one of those old Kenne-Bell scoops that mounts in the drivers side air dam with the hose directing the cool air through the hole in front of the filter (behind the headlights). As soon as I start to move from a stop in traffic, where I'd watch my air temp rise to say 130, the temp will lower to just a few degrees above the outside air-temp (if it's 90 outside my ats will report 92-93)in less than 2 minutes. I elected not to go with the cannister the system came with because it is said to restrict air-flow. I also decided not to go with cool air setups that put the filter below the headlights in that area just behind the air dam because I was afraid it sucking up water during one of the 100's of thunderstorms we get here in S Florida every summer.

After I had the HOT HOT HOT I relocated the filter outside of the engine compartment using a Home Depot cold air kit. I don't know how much if at all it helps performance, but at least I don't have the HOT HOT HOT anymore.

You can move the sensor, and do the cold air intake stuff, and that might help some, but it's the temp in the plenum, that matters. It might sound odd to say that, but in say a drive-thru, the MAT (air temp in the plenum) will still hotter then the intake air temp..

It would be a smart move, IMO, to move the IAT into the upper doghouse, so that you have a true MAT temp to work with, and then have the chips use the MAT timing bais, and timing table.