Scanmaster 2.1 O2 volts and Retard readings...

Realspool

I took my Buick out on the street after installing my new 2.1 Scanmaster.I had consistent 761 O2 Volts and 9.8 Retard.The O2 Volts and Retard stayed the same to about 40 to 70 MPH then i stepped off the gas.I was running 94 octane on a 93 Jay Carter Chip.Could the Retard be wrong because it seemed to run fine or could 9.8 be a misreading???.i know on pump gas it is not good to go over 3 degree's of knock.I also want to get the O2 volts to a safer 800 O2 Volts so its not running to lean on pump gas.Im running about 17lbs boost on my TE-44 Turbo. Any advice on the Retard of 9.8 would be appreciated:confused:

I am going to raise the fuel pressure about 2 to 3 lbs to correct the O2 Volts which I want to get in between 800-810 Volts for the 94 octane pump gas I only use.i just hope my Knock retard will come down from 9.8 which is way to high.One other thing is I have a 93 Jay carter chip for my 009's I have, and i wonder if maybe someone makes a better 93 Chip not to say thats my problem???:cool:

Had a terrible time trying to "tune" my 009's with the RA93 chip that came with them..Ended up getting a Turbotweak chip and away she went!! Added a couple pounds of fuel and played with boost until I got some knocking..Ended up with @18psig on 93 with the old turbonetics before it crapped out..Tried many different chips and nothing worked as well as the one from Eric

Originally posted by Jbenn911
Had a terrible time trying to "tune" my 009's with the RA93 chip that came with them..Ended up getting a Turbotweak chip and away she went!! Added a couple pounds of fuel and played with boost until I got some knocking..Ended up with @18psig on 93 with the old turbonetics before it crapped out..Tried many different chips and nothing worked as well as the one from Eric
Who makes the Ra Chip?? Anyway it couldn't hurt to try Eric's 93 chip for my 009's.Rather try that then but MSD 50's right now.I have not taken it out yet since i upped the fuel pressure by 3 lbs.It was actually at 40lbs at idle with the line on 37lbs with line off, so i might give it one more chance.trying to learn my new Scanmaster.Does running low fuel pressure create KR?? Thanks

Yes...If it's lean it will knock.

I'd set the FP to 43 PSI line OFF.

Then you can fine tune it from there.