ScanM readings after New O2 Sensor - what now?

tonysmach

I figured out I have a heated O2 sensor and replaced with new one. Malfunction code is gone. Now here are my new readings. The idle is pretty rough.

O2 - 511 - 570
Af - 06
LV8 - 46-52
INT - 122-132
BLM - 116
CLT - 165
ATS - 92
RPM - 725 - 775
TPS - .44
IAC - 67-69

Is my BLM too low and my IAC to high? If so how do I adjust. thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0326a.jpg
    IMG_0326a.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 157
The numbers don't look that bad. I've seen way worse.
Remembering 128 would be perfect for both BLM and INT. And these numbers, especially O2 numbers will be all over the place at idle. The BLM and INT should stablize over time.

Your IAC numbers are a little high though and that could throw off your numbers slightly.
I would work to get your IAC numbers as close to 0-10 as possible.
I've always preferred somewhere between 5-10 myself.

What injectors are you running and what is your idle/hose off fuel pressure set at?

Here's some more helpful info about BLMs.

Block Learn Multiplier and Integrator

And IAC and TPS setting proceedures. Thanks again Chad.

IAC and TPS Setting Procedures

Patrick

What injectors are you running and what is your idle/hose off fuel pressure set at?

Patrick

thanks for the help. I am running 50 lb injectors and fuel pressure is at 43 lb at idle with hose off. I will try to adjust IAC and TPS and report back. thanks again.

Tony

Made adjustments:

O2 - WOT 832
BLM - 125
TPS - .40 WOT 4.01
IAC - 28-30
MAL - 31 - I don't have wastegate Solenoid- I have external wastegate- do I need a solenoid?

I can't get my WOT TPS readings above 4.01. Should't they be 4.50 to 4.85? I ran out of adjustment room to get them any higher.
Any help would be appreciated regarding Wastegate solenoid question and WOT TPS reading.

I can't get my WOT TPS readings above 4.01. Should't they be 4.50 to 4.85? I ran out of adjustment room to get them any higher.
Any help would be appreciated regarding Wastegate solenoid question and WOT TPS reading.

Of course your floor mat in the way is 1st to look at, check your acc pedal, pull up and see how much slack you have in the cable, I had about an 1/8th so I took small hex nut, notched it, slid it over cable and clamped it.

Then under hood with SM pointing at me I had friend do foot WOT while I set them numbers first, then back and forth untill I got it right between idle and wot.

IAC start with thread or 2 showing and small turns, prolly fiddle with it untill your happy with idle..some at 5, some at 30, and with every IAC turn ya have to reset the TPS.

Just keep messin with it

Mike

Made adjustments:

O2 - WOT 832
BLM - 125
TPS - .40 WOT 4.01
IAC - 28-30
MAL - 31 - I don't have wastegate Solenoid- I have external wastegate- do I need a solenoid?

You can get a solenoid and plug the wire in, and that will keep it from throwing the code.... I would... and also, you may need to slightly lengthen the slot in the tps to get wot up where you'd like it to be, but like Mike said, tinker with it first, and then as a last resort, just take a small round file, and lengthen the slot.... no big deal...