Scan tools and Turbo Link

jj86gn

I'm new to the GN scene, owned corvettes before. What exactly is Turbo Link and how does it work? Also what type of scan tool is recommended for the GN, who makes them, and what do they do.

Please remember, I just a dumb street cop who is from the old school of horsepower, don't know a think about ecm and computer controlled cars. :confused:

Thanks for understanding.

The three most common scan tools are Scanmaster, Turbolink, and Direct Scan. Take some time and read around here, you will be up to snuff in no time!

Scanmaster is nice and small and you can have it on all the time, TurboLink is nice for recording runs for future reference and Direct Scan is good for blowing your mind away with tons of info and faster data rate

Hello Officer!

I went through and read up on all 3 of these.

Turo-Link

I went with the Turbo-Link. The guys that run the direct scan says Turbo0Link frame rate is slower so you don't ge as much info. I know the frame rate is slower but hell you can record a 3 hour road trip with it? Is this enough Info for ya? Also Turbo-Link is the only one with the boost sensing harness. I love it...I can see boost spike's and what is going on with the other sensors at diffrent boost levels. Also the New Turbo-Link runs out of WINDOWS! or you can get the older ver for dos.

Direct Scan

If I only drove my car down a race track once a week I could possibly see the direct scan.."I don't care for DOS so there is a problem". I also do not like the way the Direct Scan connects directly to the ecm. Problem there is keeping the connection clean and can be cumberson setting up the laptop to work and view inside the car.

Scan-Master

The scan-master is over $200 for it and it does have some instant view features that is fun to look at but I can't spend that much on radar sized scan tool that has no record features. The main thing to worry about under normal driving conditions to me is the O2 volts. I can get a gauge for a third of the scan master that will do that.

Also I have to hold onto this thing with both hands and just don't like having to take my eyes off the road to read it.

ALso I have to add Ken Mosher "MR. Turbo-Link" is top of the line when it comes to customer service...NONE no better

This is my un-biased opinion and I do not work for Turbo_link. I just think I have the best scan tool FOR ME and I don't not mind sharing my experices with ya.

Thanks guy for all the help.

It's going to take a little while to sort through all this information. I'm also going to asked my brother, he's some computer network manager, about these tools. I think he'll know which one I can buy without shooting them becasue they're too difficult to comprehend.

P.S. This web site KICK *SS!!!!!!