scan tool?..

hotboost84

what type of scan tool should i get for an 84 gn?....very new to tr's and also never imagined i would need a scan tool.....which ones are reasonably nice and low cost and are they easy to work?.....can you actually make adjustments from the scan tool or is everything have to manually adjusted?......help out guys pleeeeese...................also any hot airs in florida????

Use the red search at the top of the page.Put in Scan Tool and read all about em.............I haven't got to use my Turbolink software yet so I can't tell you wich is the best to get.Good Luck!

Don't waste your time and money on a scan tool like Turbolink with an 84/85 ECM. The ECM is too stupid. Upgrade to the 86/87 ECM before you invest in a scan tool. Brad

Scanmaster won't work for an 85 ECM. Turbolink is very limited with what it shows on an 85 ECM. It has been so long since I used TLink with 85 ECM, I don't remember what is there and not...

Check into 87 ECM swap. Pretty simple, pretty cheap, and open a lot of doors for chips, scantools, etc.

Squid

85 ecm to 87

what exactly do i have to change in order to swap to the 87 ecm...how involved is it?......