Scan Master not turning on?

Whut

Addicted to Boost!
A friend of mine has a Scan Master in his 87 T. When he starts the car it looks like its booting up and then just goes blank. You can get it to go into power logger mode and thats it, no output, no nothing.

I have never used a scan master before so I am absolutely no help to him. Has anyone else dealt with this sort of problem?

check the small chip in ecm, or the whole ecm if it not gettin any info the computer isnt sending it. Unless ofcorse there is a loose wire.
just fixed a ecm that had a broken pin in the connector.

Go to the Full Throttle Forums & do some reading there. I had some issues with my PL chip & one time the ground was flaky so it acted like that. Many good threads with Lots of info to read thru. You can also just post a thread there & Mike or Bob will answer you.

A friend of mine has a Scan Master in his 87 T. When he starts the car it looks like its booting up and then just goes blank. You can get it to go into power logger mode and thats it, no output, no nothing.

I have never used a scan master before so I am absolutely no help to him. Has anyone else dealt with this sort of problem?

What exactly does the display do when the key is turned on??
What do you mean by "power logger mode"?? Please explain. The scanmaster is just a data display device, it can either be hooked to the ALDL connector for data, or it can be hooked to the powerlogger for data. One or the other, not both. And if it has a 2.2 chip, it can ONLY be used with the powerlogger.

What exactly does the display do when the key is turned on??
What do you mean by "power logger mode"?? Please explain. The scanmaster is just a data display device, it can either be hooked to the ALDL connector for data, or it can be hooked to the powerlogger for data. One or the other, not both. And if it has a 2.2 chip, it can ONLY be used with the powerlogger.

It appears to boot up and then just goes blank.

Let me try this again:

What EXACTLY does the display say/read during this power up sequence before it goes blank?

Where is the Scanmaster's data wire hooked to?

If we need to get that exact then I need to talk to him more. I was in his car last weekend and noticed it and he said its been like for ages and didnt know how to fix it. I will call him and see if he cant tell me exactly what comes on the display for the whole thing goes dark.