Scan Master Not Showing Codes

ZR1TR

My check engine light came on and the Scanmaster didn't give a code. Does anybody know how the code will appear?

Your chip probably has the fast update feature whereby it shows SP and PW thus killing your check engine code feature.

Either jump your aldl to read the code, use another chip with regular update, or plug in a scanner.

Thanks,

The chip is 36 lb Modern Muscle Street. I don't anything about it and from what I understand MM is no longer is business. What does SP and PW stand for. Forgive the ignorance.

I have a cheapy actron scanner that I will try. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with the SM.

Jonathan

SP= spark=timing
PW=inj=injector pulse width

Time to get a new chip ;)

Ummmmm, there's nothing wrong with that chip. It was quite modern in its day. If the car is running well there would be no reason to change it.....

You can read the codes out by jumping the ALDL plug, or by swapping in a stock chip (or any chip with a standard data stream)

Do it like this:
Key off for at least 10 sec.
change chips to a stock style one
key on, do not start the car.
read the codes from the Scanmaster
key off for at least 10 seconds
swap the chip back.

Bob

Originally posted by TurboBob
[B You can read the codes out by jumping the ALDL plug, or by swapping in a stock chip (or any chip with a standard data stream)
[/B]

Like I said, get another chip. ;)

Good tip on the plugging in a regular chip to read the codes.