Scan Master in a 85 Hot Air??

1chance

Hi All, I have a friend that's got a 85GN(Hot Air), and he wants a Scan master. The car seem to be upgraded a little by the first owner, but I'm not familiar with the 85GNs, I have a 87GN. So tell me if a Scan Master will work in his car, and if not what can i do to make it work. Also if the PCM need to be upgraded let me know what to look for to be sure there isn't one in there already.:confused:

You need to be running the 86/87 ECM and address the MAT sensor issue. Otherwise the SES light stays on. Either get a MAT sensor kit from Caspers or have a TT chip burned to ignore the MAT sensor. The Calpak chips are the same. Brad

x2 on what brad said another thing too is to get an 86/87 MAF sensor, in some cases some guys get away with using the stock 85 MAF it might work it might not, or another option would b an LS1 MAF with translator

yes the 87 maf will plug right up the mat is a sensor that the 86/87 GNs have thats right after the air filter right before the maf thats y wen 85s convert over to 87 ecm it has to be added and wired up or burned off when u order a chip from tt just like brad described