Scam on turbo buick

RONNIEDOG

Hey guys a few weeks ago I posted my Corvette for sale on T/B. A few days ago I was contacted by a guy who called himself "Keven Clusman" who stated he saw my ad on T/B and was wanted more pictures and was interested in buying my car. I sent him a few pics with a detailed description. What follows next is a direct quote from his responding e mail. "

"Thanks for your mail, i appreciate your reply onece I received your mail ,it is quite understanding . and clear i am highly interested on your property,(vehicle) kindly confirm your last asking price of your vehicle,.my client need urgent reply from you to conclude the sales. please let me know your last price picture in the forum is ok please right now i am off shore i will contact you once i get home let me no your last price. "

For those of you who dont know how this scam works. The guy and I will then agree on a price. He will send me a cashiers check for over the agreed price asking me to send the over ammont back to him usually around $1200.00. By the time my bank finds out the check is a fraud Im out the total ammount of the check that was cashed against my account and the bad guy gets the $1200.00. Not bad for a days work.

A few things to look at:
1 The gross misspelling of words and grammar. These theifs are usually Nigerian and dont have a grasp of english.
2 The theif is out of town and will not show in person thus the extra pictures you sent to him-this guy said he was over seas
3 The general description of your merchandise due to mass e mails he sends out he does not have time to change them for every scam. This guy said he is interested in my "property"

These usually take place on E Bay and Craigs List. Now it looks like the scum of the earth are now looking at cars on our website. I hope this helped. Good Luck. P.S. my Corvette is still for sale........

I have had a few of these on other boards ie racing junk also.They are pretty easy to pick up on as you stated about the spelling.I always respond in my non- political correct manner:biggrin:Thanks for posting!

seen these on craigslist all the time

never gets old and some must fall for it if they really still try it.

i posted a link on here for somebody elses car for sale and the same thing happened to me.

Probably the scammer who was "selling a GNX" recently and and he is taking his revenge on board members since a couple of us screwed with him. :D

Seriously, though... Thanks for posting the heads-up. :)

happened to me with my supra i posted for sale here, but i know how the scam works so i emailed him and told him to go kick rocks..:biggrin:

Tell him you would like to WU the remaining amount to him and send him a BS number