Scam on EBAY

C-RAID

Hey guys, check this out on ebay. Just posted today.

Item number: 290239047195

This is good for a laugh. There is no way this is real.

hmmm... looks like another scammer to mess with... first email is on the way... :biggrin:

Me- "Hi, i saw your ebay auction, and was wondering why the car is so cheap? I am very interested in buying it, i have cash in hand, i'd like to come and see the car, as i'm only a few miles away."

awaiting reply...

That would be one disgruntled ex-wife! I am curious as to what the email respnses are going to be. Usually they have an automated response with something along the lines of "just send me payment at yada, yada, yada."

Item sold with "Buy it Now" for the rock bottom price of $5900. That is one lucky customer!

Looking at the history of the person who purchased the vehicle, they have bought GN parts on ebay in the past. So they know the value of the vehicle. Entirely to suspicious for me to take a chance like that. All the flags are up on that ad.

too bad it ended, i would have bit at that. maybe i'm guliable- maybe someone just got the best deal on a nice car, i'd like to know if it was for real.

I call B.S.

You can hit the Buy It Now button, but not buy anything. That just ends the auction for the seller.

the scammer's first response so far:

Hi,

My name is Joann Hirsch, I'm an US citizen but currently I work at the office of my company from Canada. This has no negative effect on you because shipment is included in the buy it now price and will cost you nothing more.

As you can see from the pictures, the car is flawless. I must tell you that I`m selling this car not because I want to but because I have to. When I moved in Canada a month ago, I didn't knew about the taxes to register an US model car. They are extremely high. So I decided to sell it.

So I have for sale a remarkable car. It’s as new and very well maintained. The car has a clear title, no liens.

1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL 9520 DOCUMENTED MILES ........... $5,900 US

Shipping will be done with DAS insured and will take 5 days to reach your address. I will pay all shipping and delivery costs (they are included in the buy it now price).

Because of the large amount involved in this deal I will accept that the founds to be managed through the ebay system and deposited until after you will receive it at home. Ebay will hold the deposit of $2,950 until they have the confirmation that you accept the car. I hope that you are OK to make the deal by eBay since this way is the only way that I can move forward.

Please send me your eBay user ID, so I let eBay know that you are interested.

I hope that all this info were enough to start your interest in buying my car and I look for your email with any questions that you might have.

Yours,Joann

My Reply:

"Wow, this sounds like a gret deal!! What part of canada are you in? I'm always travelling in canada, and throughout the US. Since the car is located only 2 towns away, i would really like to come and look at it. I could pay you cash on the spot. But before i commit, i have a few questions. Does it still have the original roots supercharger? and does it come with the original cardboard cutout of burt reynolds from the showroom? I found it cool that GM made this car as a tribute to "cannonball run". I look forward to hearing your response, as i am excited to get my hands on this car."

awaiting reply.....

You are good! The game is afoot.

the scammer's first response so far:

Hi,

My name is Joann Hirsch, I'm an US citizen but currently I work at the office of my company from Canada. This has no negative effect on you because shipment is included in the buy it now price and will cost you nothing more.

As you can see from the pictures, the car is flawless. I must tell you that I`m selling this car not because I want to but because I have to. When I moved in Canada a month ago, I didn't knew about the taxes to register an US model car. They are extremely high. So I decided to sell it.

So I have for sale a remarkable car. It’s as new and very well maintained. The car has a clear title, no liens.

1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL 9520 DOCUMENTED MILES ........... $5,900 US

Shipping will be done with DAS insured and will take 5 days to reach your address. I will pay all shipping and delivery costs (they are included in the buy it now price).

Because of the large amount involved in this deal I will accept that the founds to be managed through the ebay system and deposited until after you will receive it at home. Ebay will hold the deposit of $2,950 until they have the confirmation that you accept the car. I hope that you are OK to make the deal by eBay since this way is the only way that I can move forward.

Please send me your eBay user ID, so I let eBay know that you are interested.

I hope that all this info were enough to start your interest in buying my car and I look for your email with any questions that you might have.

Yours,Joann

My Reply:

"Wow, this sounds like a gret deal!! What part of canada are you in? I'm always travelling in canada, and throughout the US. Since the car is located only 2 towns away, i would really like to come and look at it. I could pay you cash on the spot. But before i commit, i have a few questions. Does it still have the original roots supercharger? and does it come with the original cardboard cutout of burt reynolds from the showroom? I found it cool that GM made this car as a tribute to "cannonball run". I look forward to hearing your response, as i am excited to get my hands on this car."

awaiting reply.....

I tried to email the guy last night and got a failure notice this morning. I will be trying again today. I know the car! I sold that exact car, well the one I sold had the advertised VIN number and mileage. Matter of fact those are the pictures I took in the ad. That beautiful white house in the background is my neighbors. I purchased the car a year ago May and sold it in Oct. in order to help make a downpayment on our house. The car stayed at Camp Pendleton with a buddy of mine who is in the Corp all summer and then was delivered to me.

I do know this, when I had the car it was real. I sold it to a guy from CA who was in Brazil on vacation. The entire deal was shady from the jump, but the car was very real and the miles were very accurate. Guy sent me a personal check (ha), I walked in his bank and cashed it for 23,000. Released the car to DAS the next day.

Whole thing is weird, I do not believe the ad is real or the car will be delievered for that price. Probably somebody using the pics and info hoping someone will send the deposit and take off with it. I do not want to release the seller I bought the car from or the guy I sold it too yet.

I will continue to gather any info I can.