Say good bye to one of our greatest leaders ..Ronald Reagan dead at 93

TurboTer

Zap! Commander
Ronald Reagan dead at 93

I'm almost in tears as I'm typing this. Farewell to a great hero. I love you forever, Mr. President.

:( Farewell to a truly great man, I hope his legacy continues....he was probably one the greatest presidents in out history...certainly one of the top 3....this is truly a great loss. I hope that the country has a day of mourning for him, he deserves it:(

Originally posted by NICKG
:( Farewell to a truly greta man, I hope his legacy continues....he was probably one the greatest presidents in out history...certainly one of the top 3....this is truly a great loss

Ditto on that. He was one of the most hated by the left and therefore one of the best.

Those that never understood him, his vision and his message need to study him to see how a politician is supposed to act.

The haters that ridiculed him as a "stupid actor that slept at work" are the ones that made the democrat party the permanent minority party in national elections.

No modern President has understood the American people more. (Bill Clinton needed focus groups to get his understanding of US)

Hats off to one of our greatest presidents.

I wish we had the smiley face saluting the flag like on ********, because he is a man that truly deserves it.

Rest in peace.

he was our greatest president--- he brought down russia-- i have never been so sad since jfk died

America is a much sadder place without him. The flag of my heart will be at half-staff forever.

:(

We should all have a moment of silence. Whether we agreed with his politics or not, he was a great man.

I just saw that headline. Really sorry to see him go. Great president and just a generally very likable man. What's really sad is what Alzheimers does to your last years before death releases them from that grip. It's sad what that disease does to a person, so death is not quite so bad when it does come to the victim (like my Grandad 2 years ago). However, it doesn't take away the life that person lived, the accomplishments they made and the people they touched.

The Greatest President of my time, period.I never fully understood how important he was to this nation while he was President, until after he was out of politics completely.I wish there were more like him in our Gov't now....

My sympathys to Nancy Reagan, her true love is now gone.Her heart must be broken right now.:(

Originally posted by OneQuikV6

We should all have a moment of silence. Whether we agreed with his politics or not, he was a great man.

I agree with you 100%.

Jesse

Its a sad day indeed today to hear his passing. He was truly the greatest president of all time. Remembering his great speaches he made as president. He will truly be missed. He is now at peace with God. Steve H.

Whether you agreed with him or not you cannot disagree that the world will miss Ronald Reagan and that we are better off for having had him.

Alzheimer's is terrible, my prayers are with his family and friends, as they have been for the past years. While this is very hard for them I'm sure it helps for them to know the man they love is finally getting the peaceful rest he deserves. R.I.P.

-Jade

TurboTer,

This is probably the first post I've ever thanked you for. :) I heard yesterday that his health was failing. They said he had only weeks to go. So it's very shocking to read this first thing in the morning.

My respects definately go out. Living in this country (Germany), I will never forget one of his greatest lines. "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!". I think all people here should be greatful to Reagan as well for helping to reunite this country. Of course nobody will care, so I will.

My American flag will fly at half-staff today.

Rest in Peace, Ronald Reagan.

They were married in '52 and she never left his side...ever. That's commitment and a TRUE lady. My heart extends to Nancy and says farewell to Ronnie.

Originally posted by GN One Day...
I just saw that headline. Really sorry to see him go. Great president and just a generally very likable man. What's really sad is what Alzheimers does to your last years before death releases them from that grip. It's sad what that disease does to a person, so death is not quite so bad when it does come to the victim (like my Grandad 2 years ago). However, it doesn't take away the life that person lived, the accomplishments they made and the people they touched.

You hit on the head. I lost my grandfather just over a year ago after a 4 year battle with the disease and my father-in law is in the middle of the ordeal. More impressive about Reagan was his relationship with Nancy. As obnoxious as she could be at times, to see them together you knew that there were two people who truly loved and depended upon each other. So long "Gipper" and thanks for eight great years..........:(

Very, Very sad day, just watched the state funeral. What a great human being. RIP President Reagan, God bless you and your family, and the United States of America.

Originally posted by gn85
TurboTer,

This is probably the first post I've ever thanked you for. :) I heard yesterday that his health was failing. They said he had only weeks to go. So it's very shocking to read this first thing in the morning.

My respects definately go out. Living in this country (Germany), I will never forget one of his greatest lines. "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!". I think all people here should be greatful to Reagan as well for helping to reunite this country. Of course nobody will care, so I will.

My American flag will fly at half-staff today.

Rest in Peace, Ronald Reagan.

Thanks. Although this news was the most tragic news I've ever posted (losing my old GN in a fire is NOTHING when compared to this), I'm honered that I was the the first to post it.

The TRUE Father of the Internet

I was listening to a guy talk about working for the Department of Defense during the military build-up of the 80s. Turns out he was a computer programer setting up things like email and data bases for the military.

Right here, right now, we are all still getting paid back for those dollars he spent on defense.